StevieB
Members-
Posts
1,283 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by StevieB
-
Can I take this opportunity to say publicly a big ‘thank you’ to Roderick Bruce of OOWorks. He has already addressed the issue I raised about my model. I look forward to many more purchases from him in the future. Stephen
-
Mine arrived today. All very fine apart from one little matter which I have raise with their good selves. Stephen
-
What a nice pair, if I may be so bold. It just gets better. Stephen
-
It was good to catch with old friends and meet new ones, friends being defined however you want. In terms of the physical area occupied, Warley is a big show with much to see. Apart from the Irish layouts, it was lovely to catch up with the two RHDR locos on display and to think that they are some 90+ years old. David refers elsewhere to the young guy with sight impairment who was ‘physically’ seeing models, etc. It was the same with these two locos, with One if the guides explaining everything that the young guy was feeling. It was lovely to see such kindness being displayed - not too much about if you believe everything you read in the media. Stephen
-
Nice to see a 101 class amongst all the GM’s. Stephen
-
Surely you realise what a powerful tool the internet is. The speed at which you can find information these days is mind boggling. The only way to stay private is to stay private and not post anything, and that would be a very sad state of affairs. Stephen
-
It has recently been announced that Peco is to produce RTR EM gauge track for the EM Gauge Society in the form of flexi track and LH and RH B6 turnouts. I’ve no idea of the costs involved, but it must pay for both of the two parties to become involved in this venture. I wonder if this brings the possibility of RTR 21mm gauge track any closer. Surely the first step is setting up a 21mm gauge society. Stephen
-
Can you make all payments using PayPal? Stephen
-
That’s all I was after, an indication of numbers. Many thank. Stephen
-
Yup, but how many of each variant? Stephen
-
Belated congratulations on your choice of the first loco. Presumably it will be relatively easy matter to produce the C/201 at a later date. I can’t see any reference to the number of each variant you are going to produce. As my era is the 1979’s, that’s two GM powered B&T’s and two Supertrain versions. Have to go away and count my pennies. Stephen
-
It is beginning to improve modellingwise. The winners of challenge no 4, the Fawley Fliers, raised the bar more than a bit. Stephen
-
Over the years I have bought quite a lot from him and like you, Noel, I've always found him to be a nice guy to deal with. We have re-made contact so all systems are go, as they say. Stephen
-
Thanks for that Dave. Stephen
-
Is anyone else having trouble contacting Silver Fox Models? John Hasleton, the owner, seems to have gone very quiet over the past couple of months or so. I hope nothing is amiss. Stephen
-
You’re teasing us. Stephen
-
Irish Standard for Clearances to Structures Modelling Dimensions
StevieB replied to eugenepfox's topic in General Chat
Working in 4mm, I simply add 1mm in either side to take account of the 6.5 inches difference in track gauge. Seems to work ok. Stephen -
The latest issue of BackTrack has a 10 page piece on the demise of the GNRI. A very good article, if that’s the right way to describe such a thing. The author goes on to suggest that the closures had as much to do with politics as they did with economics. I had always thought that, but in the sense of keeping the two Irelands separate rather than the subjugation of the minority by the majority as suggested here. If my words cause any offence, that please accept my apologies. Stephen
-
What was the difference in design between the HST and loco hauled mk3’s in the UK.? Stephen
-
Thanks for that John. Stephen
-
Wagon underframes in Ireland were, for the most part, quite different to those in Britain. That is until the arrival of the GNRI cement vans and the CIE palvans, both of which appeared to run on very British looking underframes. The question is, did these modern day Irish vans have RCH brakes, where the brake lever only operated the brakes on the same side or did they have Morton brakes, where the brake lever applied the brakes on both sides. I ask because it’s a detail to get right when converting British vans into Irish ones. Stephen
-
IRM state that their wagons are Compatible with 21mm gauge Track* - what does that actually mean when your conversion clearly requires a degreee of reconstruction of the underframe? Stephen
-
How about this for realism http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64295-wright-writes/page-1120 Stephen
-
- 2
-
-
-
There was a time, before the MM201, that the lima version was very much sought after and would command that sort of price. Now even the MM version are proving difficult to sell. Stephen
-
How long has he been trying to sell this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-205159-IE-CIE-IRISH-RAILWAYS-CLASS-201-LOCO-216-RIVER-DODDER-MINT-BOXED-nc/331422674305?hash=item4d2a54ad81:g:BNMAAOSw8cNUSoU4 Stephen
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)