Irish Articles in Magazines

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

• 2 weeks later...

TWO Irish articles in the latest Model Railway Journal. First on a model of Dromod station building, plus another on West/South Clare locos in both 4mm and 6mm scale.

Given MRJ never normally goes outside Britain, this is quite a departure, but then the editor this time is Iain Rice, who for me always has something interesting to share.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

Without having seen this thread I was thumbing through some old magazines yesterday and came across the "Plan of the Month" Aug 2009 in Railway Modeller the subject of which was Ballina. A great deal of the necessary rolling stock to create this has become available in RTR form in the meantime making this scheme a lot more feasible today, perhaps RM can be persuaded to rerun it? The picture is a taste, I do not want to infringe copywrite.

Ballina.thumb.jpeg.96b042e695c2234bfad4a6465a051754.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Phil3150 said:

You beat me to it, David. Here’s a couple of tasters:

58EA33BD-172E-4E13-973B-1D9E2B8D4E7D.jpeg

DD50ED25-C1E4-4926-8F4E-75BDCCCAB62A.jpeg

Looks like Simon de Souza's model of Dromad.

Simon produces a range of high quality C&L wagon kits which are sold under the Foxrock Models label.

I have a number of Foxrock C&L cattle wagons and opens to assemble, whenever I make the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 10:33 AM, Galteemore said:

Now that’s modelling!

I certainly agree, Simon very kindly let me have a good look at his Dromod building when I delivered some of my kits - my jaw hit the floor - stupendous modelling.

If you can get a copy of MRJ you'll get a very good idea of just how good it is as their photography is usually spot-on.

Saves you a journey to England to see it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Haulier said:

An 8 page article - "GNR STEAM FINALE IN ULSTER, AUGUST 1965" [ JIM McBRIDE ] in BRILL [ SEPT 2021]

Still waiting on my copy to arrive but have already been sent some positive messages. Have more photos of railways in NI still to use from same source from 1965

• Like 1

• 1 month later...