Irish Articles in Magazines

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Irish Lines now available to subscribers. Numerous contributions from folk of this parish, including yours truly, but perhaps most useful is an article by Andy Cundick, because you get pictures of his work. An all round eclectic mix, as usual very interesting too, not least a 15mm AEC twin railcar. At over 2m long, entire layouts have been built in less space - lovely stuff!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On Page 152 of the February issue of Hornby magazine, Mail Order Key Books, there’s a new paperback book, “Irish Railways; The Last 60 Years” priced at £15.99 plus postage. I got different paperback books from Key Publishing and they’re very informative.  Also in the Hornby February issue, there’s a review of the Tara Mines Ore wagons. Quality review. 

I got it already and if you are ordering from Key Publishing direct they also have a magazine for a fiver called "Traction Transition" which covers all the Irish EMD's as well as EMD's in GB. If you're paying for the post you may as well make the most of it 😉 It was delivered promptly to me here in Germany.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In MLIPlus magazine (Issue number 253), there’s a GM’s in Ireland Class 201 article and there’s a superb list of both the Irish and English names as well as the works number of the locomotives. Superb pictures. Superb picture of the Northern Ireland Railways Class 201 (No. 8209) crossing Laytown Viaduct on the Entreprise service on 23 August 2019. Overall, a great magazine. I always look forward to the magazine. 

Edited by Eagles
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...