IRM announce NIR Enterprise Mark 2 Coaches

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

10 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi, 

perhaps missed somewhere but spotted on web shop spare B4 bogies available- bought 4 packs for other projects given how well they run.  

fun if B5s got on the shop as well as ideal for EGVs.

Robert 

I believe that the generator coach in each of the three NIR liveries shipped with two B5's instead of a B5 and a B4.

Hands up, I'm open to correction on that, I'm basing that evaluation solely on my own packs, and I apologise in advance if I'm wrong!

If I am correct, anybody who has requested replacement B4 bogies from IRM is likely to have one spare B5 bogie after swapping theirs, so there should be people out there with unwanted B5's once replacements start landing.

I've seen several pictures and videos of generators here on the forum. Maybe dropping PM's to those particular posters, and putting a "Wanted" post in the "For Sale or Wanted" area, might be a good idea.

• Thanks 1

Bit of a long shot, but following on from THIS post on RMWeb, does anybody here know which of the UK Mk2B/C coaches ended up with Irish bogies?

Was it only Mk2B BFK's and only a specific livery?

My replacement Irish gauge bogies have arrived - IRM were super fast at getting them sent out once I got my backside in gear and gave them a tally.

But, I'm going to end up with a few UK gauge B4 bogies to spare, and would like to know which UK coaches would be suitable for swapsies!

Thanks in advance!

2024-07-04 RMWeb 02 Mk2BC Bogie Width.jpg

I believe that the issue with the Irish coaches was systemic rather than sporadic based on the many examples I purchased myself. IRM would know how many bogies would need replacement for every customer based on their own order books. I presumed that they would eventually issue replacements rather than everyone having to make warranty requests which is a very inefficient process even for them.

I have none of the UK coaches in question but surprised Accurascale didn’t already clarify your question. Again they should be able to issue the correct bogies in due course I would say.  

• Like 1

Dual-posting here in both of the current IRM NIR Mk2BC threads, so apologies in advance for that, but it's the only way to get around the thread-duplication right now.

My replacement Irish gauge bogies arrived with @murphaph last week.

@Garfield was incredibly fast at getting them shipped, like, I think they shipped within a day of us speaking to confirm the quantity.

Long story, but my coaches had to ship to @murphaph rather than me, so it made sense to send the bogies there - plus nobody knows how the dreaded pencil pushers in Madrid would react to a zero-value shipment, dun dun duuuuunnnnn!

While fitting the bogies to the coaches for me, @murphaph sat one of the older Bachmann coaches on top of two, just for fun.

Note, these aren't fitted to the coach, they're just sitting loosely underneath, but give an idea as to how the coaches would look when retro-fitted.

The Irish gauge bogies are available to buy from IRM at €20 per pair for retro-fitting, here:

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/accessories/products/53-b4-bogie-pack-black

Have to say, they look absolutely savage sitting under that coach!

IMG_20240704_174412_712.jpg

• Like 2