IRM announce NIR Enterprise Mark 2 Coaches

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

9 hours ago, murphaph said:

The video is private Noel.

That's because I know where he lives!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

For anybody interested, these coaches popped up on the Marks Models website yesterday! They hadn't been listed as pre-order nor anything like that, but suddenly appeared. Handy for when IRM run out, and for anybody who doesn't shop online. Hope this is helpful!

http://www.marksmodels.com/?cid=51

Screenshot_20240208-074657.png

• Like 2

On 7/2/2024 at 9:38 AM, Warbonnet said:

Hi folks,

Just a quick update; the corporate "bumblebee" livery coaches are now in very short supply, with less than 20 packs of each left in stock! 

So, if you want them, we suggest you move very soon, or risk missing out.

Check them out in action on the excellent "Barrow Street" layout below!

Order here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/mark-2-coaches/availability_in-stock

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered yesterday, and they arrived this morning, that's very efficient fulfilment and impressive. Won't get to play with them for a few days. 24hrs is impressive.

To add to the plaudits  I took delivery of the bumble bee packs just now and lovely models but the best part was finding a card in the base below the protective inner tray looking like an OLE warning - carefully done to explain the various coupling options.

The booklet with diagrams very useful and clear. Showing how our rtr models are really a mega kit built for us to use/play with.  We might make one model but spare a thought for the many hands in China making these for us, I guess 5000 plus kits to build and most of us would baulk at the thought !! 

Thanks to all involved in the project around the globe/ other side of the flat earth!

Robert 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

It's really great to see that Marks Models have these in stock. Would have been very easy for IRM to just stock online. Having Marks as a supplier is a great way of ensuring our local model shops stay above water. Have to be honest, I bought the MM Mk2's from them recently, just for that reason.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Having originally passed on these I found myself in the home place this week and it's only 5 minutes to Mark's in Greenogue. I couldn't resist the bumblebee ones after all the rave reviews. I'll open them when I get home. I was already leaning towards picking them up after seeing them in Warley.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Newtoncork said:

It's really great to see that Marks Models have these in stock. Would have been very easy for IRM to just stock online. Having Marks as a supplier is a great way of ensuring our local model shops stay above water. Have to be honest, I bought the MM Mk2's from them recently, just for that reason.

Sure is Marks have a good variety of stock including IRM stock and it is ideal to visit the shop to buy tracks trees etc I buy from IRM and also Marks to support the local model shop

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/2/2024 at 1:40 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

Is it just me, or do the bogies on the last coach in your train stick out a bit more than the first two?

Only viewing on my 'phone so it might just be my screen!

Six or seven year old BlackBerry doesn't have the biggest screen.

😂😂😂

I checked and you are right, The bogies are Narrower on the 'BR' stock and wider driving trailer.

Also checked the Grill and Genny and they have the wider bogies.

I wont be doing it but thought these were all convertible to 21mm

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Informative 1

Just now, Georgeconna said:

I checked and you are right, The bogies are Narrower on the 'BR' stock and wider on the grill, Driving car and Genny.

I wont be doing it but thought these were all convertible to 21mm

Can you drop us a line with photos George ?

35 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

just sent them to the Sales Email there now.

Some pics, would it be too tight in the narrower ones?

20240208_191201.jpg

20240208_191156.jpg20240208_191129.jpg

20240208_191124.jpg

It looks like some GB EM gauge bogies have found their way onto the coach on the left. Definitely no room to push the wheels out to 21mm on those.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi folks,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shall look into it and talk to the factory when they return from the Chinese new year break.

Cheers!

Fran

Hope u get sorted Fran. , still smashing coaches though. Bit of a headache as they are wired too, is it a soldered join to the pick ups?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Hope u get sorted Fran. , still smashing coaches though. Bit of a headache as they are wired too, is it a soldered join to the pick ups?

No the bogies just screw off. The pickups are connected by sprung tabs. 

1 hour ago, Horsetan said:

I see someone on Farcebook already flogging two NIR Mk2bs from Pack 2 for 130 Euros!

Some did want to put a prototypical rake together that required extra coaches but this is difficult with them being sold as triple packs

49 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

No the bogies just screw off. The pickups are connected by sprung tabs. 

There's a piece of luck, nice design

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, DiveController said:

Could someone just confirm for me what bogies are on the prototypes for the BDTS, grill car and generator vans and whether there are B4, B5 on both ends or just one end for each of the three prototypes please?

Thanks so much.

My 1981 book was on the missing list but was found near the re-numbering queue.....

So I was second guessing myself that possibly the 'kitchen' end of the Grill, the BDTSs or DBFO 813 might have had B5 bogies but the three generator van were the only ones to have B5s at the genny end 

• Informative 1

3 large boxes arrived made into 2 when packing removed so looked better for herself. well never thought id like mk2s as much as now. the extra details on the rpsi mk2 with the central locking lights put the original set to shame . the booklet and cert are also lovely touches. now just to add the diner window decal to finish it

• Like 4

Well latest batch arrived in the blue and grey - look the part and checking after bogie comment all "pure" NIR are fine, what I call crossover coaches as the basic vehicle could be BR or NIR  all have the BR 00 bogie.  

Given majority use 00 just having an exchange bogie will suit I am sure.  Perhaps I missed it but I guess the MOQ for 21mm replacement wheelsets prohibitive to offer as an after market choice. 

Still brilliant and at work the BR modelling guys were drooling!!  

Now we have the middle car for augmented 80 class and with new end slide the DBTS as well.  sort of  66 class railcar... dreams of top spec 80 class in 2025... 

Robert  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Fair enough price 

Don’t see the saving though as you gave to pay postage also, and if you buy 1 you probably won’t get the box..

And if you wanted to move them on down the line they’ll be an incomplete set so worth less.. 

if they were €45-50 a coach maybe it would make sense..

Same chap also wanted €320 plus post for NIR blue 209 with a damaged front skirt

Edited by MOGUL

These carriages really look amazing.

I received mine on Tuesday and I immediately set up a test train with my first chipped loco Murphy Models 142. Everything worked fine until I put the driving trailer coach on the track and I then immediately got a short. If I take the carriage off the short goes away. all the other carriages are fine and look really well with the lights on.  The instructions say a decoder may be fitted to control the directional lighting.

I am already in communication with IRM and they say that if the blanking plug is removed, the directional lighting will be disabled but the interior lighting will still work.

Has anyone else tried to use them on a layout with DCC control and got the same problem?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 7/2/2024 at 5:53 PM, Railway Lyons said:

All making me jealous lads.

Enviously waiting on my 4 packs to arrive, hopefully tomorrow.

Postie is taking a while to get from Walkinstown to Wexford. Will be a week since pickup tomorrow. Need to have words, dont think he knows how serious this is. 😁

Well it turns out postie is not at fault. I am.

When planning to move house, I made the smart decision to change from delivery to collection.

However, after move never changed it back. Not so smart. Doh!.

Quick trip next week will see them home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfjoc said:

These carriages really look amazing.

I received mine on Tuesday and I immediately set up a test train with my first chipped loco Murphy Models 142. Everything worked fine until I put the driving trailer coach on the track and I then immediately got a short. If I take the carriage off the short goes away. all the other carriages are fine and look really well with the lights on.  The instructions say a decoder may be fitted to control the directional lighting.

I am already in communication with IRM and they say that if the blanking plug is removed, the directional lighting will be disabled but the interior lighting will still work.

Has anyone else tried to use them on a layout with DCC control and got the same problem?

Yes. Got the slight buzzing that indicates trying to run a dc loco on dcc. Both sets of lights came on.

I have seen them running perfectly on DCC with a decoder in the trailer. I believe it was a Murphy Models 121 loco decoder (not sound) with the address set to the same as the loco. Trailer lights automatically changed from red to white to red depending on the direction of travel in push pull mode.

Hope that helps.

So, would any 21 pin decoder do ?,  also will IRM be releasing a specific plug and play decoder for the driving trailer coach, for us not so familiar with dcc and changing settings.  Absolutely Stunning coaches lads brings back great memories thanks.👍

25 minutes ago, John-r said:

So, would any 21 pin decoder do ?,  also will IRM be releasing a specific plug and play decoder for the driving trailer coach, for us not so familiar with dcc and changing settings.  Absolutely Stunning coaches lads brings back great memories thanks.👍

Any decent 21 pin should do the job. I had a spare one lying about from DCC Concepts which I popped in, and it worked fine. All lighting on the driving trailer is now working independently. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

28 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Any decent 21 pin should do the job. I had a spare one lying about from DCC Concepts which I popped in, and it worked fine. All lighting on the driving trailer is now working independently. 

Thanks Jason, no need to change any settings so, appreciate the help, thanks 👍.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John-r said:

Thanks Jason, no need to change any settings so, appreciate the help, thanks 👍.

I think that all ESU decoders are shipped with the default address of 3.

So, if you put one ESU decoder in the loco and one ESU decoder in the DBSO, they should both have the same address.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MOGUL said:

Don’t see the saving though as you gave to pay postage also, and if you buy 1 you probably won’t get the box..

And if you wanted to move them on down the line they’ll be an incomplete set so worth less.. 

if they were €45-50 a coach maybe it would make sense..

Same chap also wanted €320 plus post for NIR blue 209 with a damaged front skirt

True, didn't think of that 🫣