IRM announce NIR Enterprise Mark 2 Coaches

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

As you may have read elsewhere, we have an all new tooling announcement today at midday. We have one for IRM, and one for sister brand, Accurascale. It will be premiered on the Hornby Magazine YouTube channel at high noon with full samples demonstrated on their layout. 

You can watch here, and in the meantime feel free to wildly speculate! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Informative 1

Chance that AEC railcars might also be on the way, but much less likely the park royals,C class prediction 

im also predicting GWR rolling stock for the accurascale announcement 

10 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

My money is on oil tankers if its wagon, park royals if its a coach and a kettle if its a loco.

Hi, IRM here live from whitehead railway centre Co Antrim Northern Ireland to being you our latest announcement........

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Chance that AEC railcars might also be on the way, but much less likely the park royals,C class prediction 

im also predicting GWR rolling stock for the accurascale announcement 

Hi, IRM here live from whitehead railway centre Co Antrim Northern Ireland to being you our latest announcement........

I wouldn't be surprised with a Jeep and then a Mogul to coincide with the launch of 105.

• Like 2

Probably park royals or craven as both  coaches were used the same era as the A class so IRM could probably make  a loco , coach bundle. 461 would make a cool loco as it goes across many eras as well as its unique inside cylinders.If they did a preserved  steam engine it would sell very well in my mind.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

How did practically no one guess mk2s 😂😂😂

Well I assumed actual Irish stuff and Murphy already has the mk2 covered.

Looks nice but this will be a miss from me, no resonation with NIR coaches like these unfortunately.

Good stuff though guys, keep it coming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chris said:

Well I assumed actual Irish stuff and Murphy already has the mk2 covered.

Looks nice but this will be a miss from me, no resonation with NIR coaches like these unfortunately.

Good stuff though guys, keep it coming.

Rip to those people flogging them on eBay for twice there worth 

those days are no more

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Gorgeous! I'm absolutely sold on the close coupling/gangway gap thing. Massive gaps have always bothered me so these look wonderful!

Now I'm looking at my old hornby mk2s all half painted wondering if I should finish them or just send them for scrap and get these new ones instead :P 

To be fair though my ones are being painted orange, so these new NIR ones wont clash with it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Rip to those people flogging them on eBay for twice there worth 

those days are no more

Absolutely!! RRP sounds good for the irish 3 pack and at least then you get a ready to go rake instead of having to pay some tom dick and/or harry £300 for a ten year old coach!! 

• Like 2

wow great announcement finally will get the Whitehead rpsi mk2 set finished with the generator 8911 and dining car 547  pity they were not announced in the liveries unless its in the future as well as open coaches 300 and 302. It is nice to see NIR stock been done so if these sell well maybe an 80 class is not too far away

Edited by mphoey
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

That lighting is incredible, and it works on DC!!!

From what year until what year did each of the two liveries run?

Theres actually 3 liveries

Original grey/blue - 1978 - 1986ish

Grey/Blue with white banding/Intercity script - 1986-1989

Corporate Intercity - 1989 - 1999.

Although there was mixed livery rakes too

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

Yeah I didn't see that coming at all. Fair play, they look beautiful already. The Hornby chaps were clearly impressed.

Obviously there's some common tooling between BR and NIR versions but the decision to press ahead with the "oddball" NIR variants is brave and I hope will be rewarded.

With this announcement I can't help but feel an 80 Class isn't too many years away.....

• Like 6