IRM announce NIR Enterprise Mark 2 Coaches

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 hour ago, BEANO3005 said:

More Ordered. Dunno where I'm gonna hide them all. Looking forward to getting mine. The postman sure is going to be busy. 

Don't hide them. Be brazen show the Mrs who is the boss, then let us know if it is feasible to build a layout in a tent. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

14 minutes ago, Newtoncork said:

Oh God, I bought three packs while The Boss was out. Not sure what I'm going to tell her when she comes back. The usual stuff of 'it's an investment' or 'what else would I spend it on?' is wearing thin........

If she went out, leaving you unsupervised, then she only has herself to blame.

In fact, it's all her fault.

• Funny 4

3 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

I am so dead....The amount of stuff in the door the past week was bad now these........aaargh!!

Ah yeah but everything in the door so far this week was in January, now it’s a whole new month and nothing has arrived yet…

Murphy models, sure that was last month 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Newtoncork said:

Oh God, I bought three packs while The Boss was out. Not sure what I'm going to tell her when she comes back. The usual stuff of 'it's an investment' or 'what else would I spend it on?' is wearing thin........

Try the "diminished responsability" angle or failing that there is always this to fall back on "Well you did sign up to the - For better or for worse- clause".

• Funny 4

8 hours ago, DiveController said:

True, and Valentines Day just around the corner

I'm thinking of calling this one 'The Wife's lament', or 'I'll murder him, he doesn't even model the flipping NIR!'

Roses are red, violets are blue

Lets blow the kids savings

On a weekend for two!

You spent what on the grey ones? and you're in debt for the blue!??

Get away down to the shed

No more nookie for you!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

So a lovely red bow with 'Happy Valentines Day' wrapped around the boxes should do the trick? I have been 'grooming' her for a few months, saying how beautiful they are and the lights work, close coupling etc etc. Note I told her the coaches were beautiful and not her.

I did also hint that the five NIR loco's I have need something to pull!

• Like 4

Held off until now as my layout is based around CIE in the 1980's away from the Belfast line

I have been trying to limit purchases to models that will actually run on the layout.

These models just look too good to pass on, so have ordered a trainset

I will now have to include a path for a visiting special in each operating session

• Like 3

"Well dear, it is like this. I somehow got involved in a cult, and it goes under the moniker of IRM. It sounds innocuous enough, having as it's cover, a forum dedicated to discussions on model trains. Sadly I found out too late that this is a front for a more nefarious organisation. The upshot being, if I don't subscribe to a certain number of models per year, to raise funds to support the cause, I might suddenly disappear. You and the kids would never see me again. I am actually doing this to keep the family together."

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, spudfan said:

"Well dear, it is like this. I somehow got involved in a cult, and it goes under the moniker of IRM. It sounds innocuous enough, having as it's cover, a forum dedicated to discussions on model trains. Sadly I found out too late that this is a front for a more nefarious organisation. The upshot being, if I don't subscribe to a certain number of models per year, to raise funds to support the cause, I might suddenly disappear. You and the kids would never see me again. I am actually doing this to keep the family together."

You might suddenly disappear anyway with that story 😂

My set arrived today as well. Haven't taken a detailed look at them yet but had a quick peek at the boxes and they look amazing. I love the package design of the RPSI set and how solid they feel. Love the additional couplings and goodies included in the packs.

• Like 3

On 1/2/2024 at 3:01 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

As of right now, all eight packs are in stock and available to buy.

Must have been a large cancellation by @Fowler4f when he shut his wallet.

😂😂😂😂😂

I'm just after putting in an online order for the RPSI trio set. Paid by PayPal. Hope there's enough left....

• Like 4

My RPSI and the NIR blues arrived today and whisked out of sight...

Had a quick peek before she arrived home and I love the Etch End plate in the RPSI pack. Bit of reading too included.

Both Look amazing, Bag of bits like a mini kit  and the Presentation is 1st Class.

Can wait to see them running with the Lights etc. No doubt these Vids will spring up shortly on utube

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 4

Got mine today also ...... and I have two words!!!!   ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! Got the bumble bee livery but I'm gonna break the bank and get a set of the grey/ blue too. Bring on the maroon/blue ones next .....lol. Well done IRM

• Like 4