IRM announce NIR Enterprise Mark 2 Coaches

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

38 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I think that all ESU decoders are shipped with the default address of 3.

So, if you put one ESU decoder in the loco and one ESU decoder in the DBSO, they should both have the same address.

Thanks DJ, that actually makes sense to me and is very helpful, sometimes this decoder stuff goes right over my head. 👍

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, John-r said:

Thanks DJ, that actually makes sense to me and is very helpful, sometimes this decoder stuff goes right over my head. 👍

Same, I need the DCC mumbo jumbo in broad strokes, I said BROAD STROKES, but once the mumblers start mumbling, it's all Orks and Ballrogs, no idea what they do be saying.

I think that the basic premise is that anybody who wants to run two different DCC locos on the same track, using ESU decoders, will HAVE to change the address for one or the other.

In the case of the IRM DBSO, you need it to have the same address as the loco, so happy days.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

And there's me trying to keep them clean when working in NIR 😀

Well, if its any consolation for you - I always thought they looked very well speeding past Ardgillan and Balbriggan when I was up visiting my uncle in the 80s and 90s (and the odd time I saw them sitting on the platform in Connolly too)

• Thanks 1

With all the talk about unwanted stock - It would be fun to alter a bumble bee MKK2 So into micro buffet 548  or was it 916 with the air con windows on one side?  I guess both are beyond the niche horizon for IRM rtr versions. 

548 was a bit more upmarket than the BR TSOT variation as had a the window behind counter was paneled over, BR kept frame often with glass painted over. - There is this version in the AS BR range to be.    

Robert

On 9/2/2024 at 2:31 PM, Railway Lyons said:

Well it turns out postie is not at fault. I am.

When planning to move house, I made the smart decision to change from delivery to collection.

However, after move never changed it back. Not so smart. Doh!.

Quick trip next week will see them home. 

Worth the trip indeed. What a beautiful coach these are.20240213_183225.thumb.jpg.a39fc9f0cbe74f7e99f17f0492e64d0d.jpg20240213_183328.thumb.jpg.a39a4db4594f7b068873833d186b833b.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, DiveController said:

Serious and liberal use of the slider on the progress bar required on this amateur video, first ten minutes discussing the card board thickness, recycling the box, the underside being white?!  😂 some running near the end, start from there… 

I found it quite watchable :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 9:41 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi folks,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shall look into it and talk to the factory when they return from the Chinese new year break.

Cheers!

Fran

Any update on this Fran? I have the same problem with my corportate livery ones. All the "standard" coaches seem to have EM gauge bogies on them. Only the "oddball" ones like the EGV and DVT have the proper 21mm ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:40 PM, DiveController said:

My 1981 book was on the missing list but was found near the re-numbering queue.....

So I was second guessing myself that possibly the 'kitchen' end of the Grill, the BDTSs or DBFO 813 might have had B5 bogies but the three generator van were the only ones to have B5s at the genny end 

What's the difference between a B4 and a B5?

Should the generator vans have one B4 and one B5?

Hi everyone,

We are sorting this out with the factory. Ongoing...

We have also done a formation guide similar to our IR/IE Mark 2 coaches for the Enterprise Mark 2s over different eras for some added inspiration! 

AccurascaleNIRMk.2formations.thumb.jpg.425276e14e163c8e7d46cb37a76e72ee.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Informative 2
  • WOW! 1

On 29/2/2024 at 2:18 PM, murphaph said:

Any update on this Fran? I have the same problem with my corportate livery ones. All the "standard" coaches seem to have EM gauge bogies on them. Only the "oddball" ones like the EGV and DVT have the proper 21mm ones.

Still celebrating!!

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

We have also done a formation guide similar to our IR/IE Mark 2 coaches for the Enterprise Mark 2s over different eras for some added inspiration! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Some interesting formations in there!

6 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Mmmmmmmm blue & maroon....... you know you want to IRM..........

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just to bring you an update on the bogies; our factory is currently making new, correctly spaced sets for us and they should be finished in mid-late May. We will have further updates nearer this date on what you need to do to get your replacement sets, so keep an eye out for updates once we have them.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2