088 Shunting - 21mm

Rate this topic

JohnMcGahern

3 hours ago, popeye said:

Proper track, looks and sounds great.

Those 2 guys used to work for me and they did nothing but talk so I let them go.

You will get no work out of them. :trains:

Thanks popeye!  I know, neither of them have moved a muscle all f***in' day! 🙂

3 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

Could you give me my breath back please John......

Ha! Thanks Patrick! 

• Funny 1

Notwithstanding the excellent track work, fitting of the front skirt also contributes hugely to the overall impression. I have already planned in my head how I will allow my locos to be turned at each end of my layout so that I can achieve the same look, with just the "rear" Kadee coupling fitted. This is really inspiring stuff John! Love it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

The Track looks Uber fab, Just wonder why you did not got for under track magnets instead of the track mounted ones?

When I initially started the layout about 7 years ago (hadn't touched it for the past 4 years) I hadn't even heard of the under track magnets otherwise for sure I would have gone that route.  Although, there would have to be considerable planning made ahead of time for cutting out the baseboard (unless someone here has another way - I'm all ears)   I know what you mean though, they are an eyesore but those magnets are only temporary and held in place with believe it or not, blue tack!  To be honest I'll probably never stick them down permanently in case I ever want or need to work on that area of track and it actually works well as you can easily adjust them to the right height.  I've even tried the small neodymium magnets between the sleepers but never had any luck.

• Like 1

John,

That is again superb, the loco weathering and great camera angles make for an Oscar winning  video.

On Kadees, do not use the under the track magnets unless all rolling stock is fitted with non magnetic (eg, not steel) axles. I say from experience on an HO scale layout I built. I had one under track magnet and every time I tried to uncouple there the wagons would literally bounce back to where the  magnet was. I replaced it with a through the track example, no more problems after that. Putting them in place with blue tack is a clever idea.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...