New Announcement - New Improved Fert Wagons at Lower Prices!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

What is going on here I wonder...I am now seeing a different price, but still not what you see Stephen. I am not using a VPN or smart DNS or anything like that on this laptop. That was the first thing I checked. I'm connected straight to my ISP, which is Deutsche Telekom so should definitely be a German IP. My phone (with wifi off using Telefonica mobile data, so completely different network) also shows €87.89. €87.02 seems to be the correct price, as (89.95/123) x 119 = 87.02 however. Any ideas?? Before the javascript kicks in and rewrites the inc-VAT price I can see the ex-VAT price being displayed as €73.86, which times 1.19 is €87.89. Could the ex-VAT price be different here?

2095668758_FireShotCapture001-CIEbogiefertiliserwagonIrishRailwayModels-irishrailwaymodels_com.thumb.png.68c22986cf441c12b619150e2a842842.png

Edit, by the way, customer support at midnight? Not bad!

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, murphaph said:

What is going on here I wonder...I am now seeing a different price, but still not what you see Stephen. I am not using a VPN or smart DNS or anything like that on this laptop. That was the first thing I checked. I'm connected straight to my ISP, which is Deutsche Telekom so should definitely be a German IP. My phone (with wifi off using Telefonica mobile data, so completely different network) also shows €87.89. €87.02 seems to be the correct price, as (89.95/123) x 119 = 87.02 however. Any ideas?? Before the javascript kicks in and rewrites the inc-VAT price I can see the ex-VAT price being displayed as €73.86, which times 1.19 is €87.89. Could the ex-VAT price be different here?

2095668758_FireShotCapture001-CIEbogiefertiliserwagonIrishRailwayModels-irishrailwaymodels_com.thumb.png.68c22986cf441c12b619150e2a842842.png

Edit, by the way, customer support at midnight? Not bad!

The extra charge is for Das Oktoberfest Surcharge.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

The ex VAT price is € 73.13

While the display tool using it's best estimate of your location to show the price, add them to the cart, click on the checkout when logged in. /shipping address set, and the shop will confirm the actual price you will pay

The VAT and ex-VAT prices have always displayed higher for me.

I had assumed that it was a small surcharge to go towards postage costs or whatever, or else that IRM work backwards from the Irish VAT price for customers abroad.

For example, for Germany, they take 19% (German MwST) off the Irish VAT price, and then add 23% on, instead of the other way around.

For me, they take 21% (Spanish IVA) off the Irish VAT price, and either add 23%, or don't add anything on.

€73,86 is also the ex-VAT price for me, so I dunno. Again, it's always been this way, and I kind of assumed that it was just the way it had to be.

Just now, BosKonay said:

73.13 is the ex VAT price - 100% for sure :)

Just to clarify, I wasn't complaining! Not in the slightest. Several times, many times in fact, I've seen the postage labels and I know that IRM have paid more for postage than they have charged me. Just adding the info in case it helps. VAT price for me, I have to check. It was something like €90,85.

Since July 1st last year the OSS / One Stop Shop EU joyfulyness means we have to charge all EU countries their local VAT rates. So on the checkout you will see the German VAT, or French VAT, etc, if you are shipping to those locations. Then we get the fun of filing it all :)

On 5/7/2022 at 1:01 AM, ttc0169 said:

Back in the days of the fert operation,a block train of ten laden wagons would operate to Ballina from either Foynes or Shelton abbey,after being unloaded-(on overtime normally on Saturdays)-the train would work back empty to either location,

What years would this have been the case with the block trains to Ballina, Noel? I only have a 1992 WTT and there's no mention of a block fert train to Ballina that particular year. The WTT in 1992 generally makes little mention of dedicated fert trains but we have many pictures that seem to counter that. How accurate is the WTT likely to be I wonder. Perhaps some of the "liner" trains were actually fert block trains. Or perhaps fert traffic was already on the wain at that stage. I wonder would the IRRS journals be of any help here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

What years would this have been the case with the block trains to Ballina, Noel? I only have a 1992 WTT and there's no mention of a block fert train to Ballina that particular year. The WTT in 1992 generally makes little mention of dedicated fert trains but we have many pictures that seem to counter that. How accurate is the WTT likely to be I wonder. Perhaps some of the "liner" trains were actually fert block trains. Or perhaps fert traffic was already on the wain at that stage. I wonder would the IRRS journals be of any help here.

Throughout the 1990s block trains operated to Ballina and while there is no mention of actual fertilizer paths in the WTT, they could and did operate on the liner paths that are in the WTT,

Fertilizer trains would be advised locally through a ''running notice'' issued a few days in advance of the working.

Again two or three fert wagons would be attached to the regular 19:00 Asahi or 20:45 Guinness liner on weeknights to Ballina during the later years-1998-2001 period.

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

Cheers Noel, very insightful. So you reckon pre-98 you'd have a full fert block train to Ballina (what time roughly?) and post-98 they'd only have enough traffic to warrant tagging them on to the back of one of the liners? Am I understanding you right? I'm looking to model around '95. Roughly how often would a fert block train be sent to Ballina from Dublin?

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Cheers Noel, very insightful. So you reckon pre-98 you'd have a full fert block train to Ballina (what time roughly?) and post-98 they'd only have enough traffic to warrant tagging them on to the back of one of the liners? Am I understanding you right? I'm looking to model around '95. Roughly how often would a fert block train be sent to Ballina from Dublin?

Typically during the 1980s and early 1990s the block ferts would operate mainly on a Saturday arriving in Ballina after 12:00, having left Northwall using the 06:25 path in the WTT, the Athlone crew returning home on the 13:20 passenger

If the fert was operating from Foynes then it would have used the 09:00 path from Limerick via Athenry and Claremorris to Ballina,arriving there just after 15:00,

After being unloaded in Ballina the empty fert would use the 16:50 path from Claremorris to Limerick departing Ballina at 14:30.

As the fertliser operation was seasonal-it was common to send a fert once a week or as demand dictated. 

• Informative 2

On 7/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, ttc0169 said:

Both routes would have been used.

@ttc0169Noel, just picking up on this conversation now.. Would I be right in saying that the Fert was offloaded on the stub of the Killala line, accross the level crossing? ie in Barretts yard?

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Ordered your Ferts yet?

Assembly of our decorated samples are under way, and this time we are going for green bags inside!

16601656924826_.pic_hd.thumb.jpg.1d402629811148f38c631160bee32e7a.jpg

16781656935453_.pic_hd.thumb.jpg.b4baabc1f5dbf33dc8b4081b13d588b4.jpg

They're flying out on pre-order. Make sure you don't miss out on a Q4 2022 delivery.

• Like 6
  • WOW! 2

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:
Hi everyone,

Ordered your Ferts yet?

Assembly of our decorated samples are under way, and this time we are going for green bags inside!

16601656924826_.pic_hd.thumb.jpg.1d402629811148f38c631160bee32e7a.jpg

16781656935453_.pic_hd.thumb.jpg.b4baabc1f5dbf33dc8b4081b13d588b4.jpg

They're flying out on pre-order. Make sure you don't miss out on a Q4 2022 delivery.

May I ask why the bags are green on this run? Did the fertiliser bags used to be green?

19 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Some were wrapped in green "shroud" plastic which could often be seen spilling out under the doors. 

Ohhhh I’ve seen a few photos of them now..

I’ll probobly buy a few white pallets too put in my new ones tbh. More prototypical to when they were first introduced presumably 

An interesting photo from the RPSI website of the Ferts in use at Albert quay Cork. This very train is the one I wish to recreate….I wonder how much clearance there was between these wagons and the tops of the clontarf/Brian Boru bridge. The last train to Albert quay was a Re-engined Supertrain livery C class locomotive returning to a piece of the line they were built to serve. Tar traffic to the terminus had ceased some years ago. The North Esk yard effectively replaced Albert Quay. I will be attempting to model these trains as these were….kind of…at a squint…the last trains on the West Cork railway 

all we need now is some Back to back ferts and some oil wagons and the entirety of this yard between 1961-1976 should be fully possible to model (oh and C class locos varying from green, black, Black and Tan, black with yellow ends and supertrain!)

6A8A5446-9232-4F88-92AB-52149EBC5BEA.thumb.jpeg.a60a0d38cd35095c5b2df6b1ef19130c.jpeg

• Like 9

Thank you good sir, mine are now secured.

Must be selling better than anticipated :D

Now heres one for you, Did a partial.ly using a revolut account which is generally empty unless im buying somthing. Can you give a week or so notice somewhere before the balance is due to be taken to ensure I actually have money on the account when it needs to be there?

Cheers 

• Like 2