New Announcement - New Improved Fert Wagons at Lower Prices!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

What is rare these days? Well, one could argue that our fertiliser wagons are. We really didn't make enough of them during the first round of "Project 42" judging by the feedback we have received via email and at shows.

Do you know what else is rare? Improving a product, then selling it for less than the first run!

Well, that's what we have done. To make up for the disappointment of the first 'fert' run selling out so quickly, we have REDUCED the RRP by €10 to €89.95 per twin pack. Who else does that?

Not only that, but we have improved the wagons too, with modification to the coupling mechanism and now brass bearings on the bogies to eliminate squeaking and improve running and rolling resistance.

IRM1045F_Fertiliser_Wagons_Pack_F_600x60

Four different twin packs are available to pre-order with our usual 10% off when you buy two packs or more, and FREE Ireland and UK postage and packaging!

Due in Q4 of 2022, we are currently awaiting livery samples which we will preview in the next couple of weeks.

Also, because of supply chain demands, this production run will be smaller than we hoped too, so please make sure you get your pre-order in ASAP to avoid disappointment.

Pre-order yours by clicking here!

View the full article

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • WOW! 1

19 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Would any of these livery types be the earliest livery. IE the ones used in Albert quay 

Pack E and F would be suitable for the earlier CIE era as the 48 tonnes stencilling only applies to IR/IE era.

31 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

The Partial.ly option is currently only on the irishrailwaymodels.com website, as we can only run one instance per company :(

Sorted and now ordered. Thanks.

Edited by iarnrod
  • Like 3

For ferts sake.....my poor bank account!!

Seriously tho - fair play to ye for actually reducing the cost and honoring your prices on products delivered this year - i dont think ye are getting enough credit for that - particularly when everything except air is rocketing up daily.

We'll see how the euromillions goes tonight as to how soon I order😉

Edited by Edo
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

19 minutes ago, Edo said:

For ferts sake.....my poor bank account!!

Seriously tho - fair play to ye for actually reducing the cost and honoring your prices on products delivered this year - i dont think ye are getting enough credit for that - particularly when everything except air is rocketing up daily.

We'll see how the euromillions goes tonight as to how soon I order😉

There are options to pay a deposit now and the balance when the wagons arrive or pay in monthly installments. 

Will most likely be another few years before IRM do another run of these wagons, so would be a shame to miss out on them.

Also agree that it is amazing to see IRM listening to customer feedback, especially from modellers who missed out on these wagons first time around. Not only that, but they are now cheaper and with improved bogies.

What more could anyone ask for!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

now this is good news :D 

with such a small run, and recent ramblings around moar beer kegs, I cant help but think just what other P42 goodies might be on their way to us in the near future.

and what about tiny little forkliftable bales of peat to go into our newly unveiled 48 ton variant?

• Like 3

With only 400 fertiliser wagon packs in this run, got ne thinking how many of each wagon pack were actually produced in the first run?

22 minutes ago, Sean said:

with such a small run, and recent ramblings around moar beer kegs, I cant help but think just what other P42 goodies might be on their way to us in the near future.

and what about tiny little forkliftable bales of peat to go into our newly unveiled 48 ton variant?

The IRM lads said at the start of the year that one P42 wagon would get a re-run in 2022, so I guess the fert wagons are it.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, iarnrod said:

There are options to pay a deposit now and the balance when the wagons arrive or pay in monthly installments. 

Will most likely be another few years before IRM do another run of these wagons, so would be a shame to miss out on them.

Also agree that it is amazing to see IRM listening to customer feedback, especially from modellers who missed out on these wagons first time around. Not only that, but they are now cheaper and with improved bogies.

What more could anyone ask for!

Oh - im in no rush - i got a rake of 8 from the first run - Im not greedy - i'll let others fill their boots first and see how the run is seliing - i'll only be for a max of 2 packs if even.....toy train budget is going on track , solder and wire at the moment as i re-start building the layout after a long break from it.

The printed detail on the fertiliser wagon states "tare weight 40 tons" (the real thing not the model). This seems heavy for empty stock especially as the load to be carried is given as 48 tons on the side of the model. I know they were substantial bits of hardwear but I did not think they were coming in at 40 tons unladen.

Don't know why you bothered to fix the squeaking from the bogies as the real yokes squealed a lot. It saved someone fitting a decoder and speaker to the wagon to get that authentic squeaks and squeals!

• Funny 3

4 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Not only that, but we have improved the wagons too, with modification to the coupling mechanism and now brass bearings on the bogies to eliminate squeaking and improve running and rolling resistance.

Thanks Fran, that is welcome news. Will it be possible for existing customers who own 42ft wagons to buy accessory packs 'to eliminate squeaking and improve running and rolling resistance' such as brass bearings and coupling mechanisms to retro fit into the existing 42ft container flat wagons?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Thanks Fran, that is welcome news. Will it be possible for existing customers who own 42ft wagons to buy accessory packs 'to eliminate squeaking and improve running and rolling resistance' such as brass bearings and coupling mechanisms to retro fit into the existing 42ft container flat wagons?

They might do a trade in low mileage never race rallied or crashed I promise 

Edited by flange lubricator

28 minutes ago, Noel said:

It sure is Noel re bogies, in fact we've had them in stock for a while now. Clip in replacements: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/accessories/availability_in-stock+accessory-type_wheels-bogies?sort_by=created-descending

These bogies are already employed on the last run of Tara mines wagons (blue and the three red oxide packs that landed just after the As last year.)

The coupling mech is a tweak on the chassis of the wagon, so this cant be offered as a like for like replacement. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Did they transport peat as well? Anyone got any pics?

@WarbonnetI realise that it's very early days for this run, but I have two queries re. the decoration plates shown for the different packs.

1. All the wagons have red handbrake wheels, but IIRC, pretty sure that no fertiliser wagons ever had red handbrake wheels; certainly not on the earlier wagons from the CIE era anyway. I assume that a similar format is being followed here to the previous run as in each pack shows the evolution of these wagons from CIE up to IR/IE era's livery wise.

2. Similar to the above, all the examination dates on each pack seem to show dates from the 1970's. Packs G and H would seem to reflect IR/IE era's with the 48 tonnes stencilling, so should surely carry later examination dates.

Edited by iarnrod
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Considering this is a re-run of a previously released wagon. I thought I'd resurrect this little gem. 

Not good enough IRM. Just not good enough :P  

I won't name and shame the original culprit. 

Edited by JasonB
  • Funny 9

39 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Nice! and then I open my email and the Car Tax is due!!! Great Timing Revenue!

Aaarrrghghg me too........

Stuck as I am in the 1950s and 60s on Dugort Harbour, I might be tempted this time! I always liked the look of those ferts. I'd need something in "supertrain" livery, though, to haul them, and everything I have is silver, green, black or black'n'tan; the latter would, of course, do OK.

• Like 1