North Down MRS Exhibition and Fair , Bangor - 23 and 24 March 2024.

Rate this topic

steventrain

North Down MRS exhibition and fair will be held at

Location - Bangor Grammar school, 84 Gransha Rd, Bangor BT19 7QU

Date - Saturday 23rd (10am-5pm) and 24th March 2024 (12pm - 5pm).

List soon.

kunn.thumb.jpg.e7dda2b8a6de835f32d5c5e7f717dad9.jpg

We are pleased to announce that for this years North Down Model Railway Society Show in Bangor Grammar we are teaming up with NCG - Northern Card Gaming & NCG Model Club to bring you the biggest and best model show we have ever put on.

NCG will be bringing an even bigger pop-up shop than last year with all the bits and pieces you loved them for last year, and even more. NCG Model Club will be bringing even more for you to do, an even better treasure hunt, live tabletop war gaming demos, RC cars as well as a chance to get in on the action with live demos throughout the weekend.

We can't wait to have them this year, and be sure to keep an eye out on all 3 of the facebook pages for even more information about the show.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patrick Davey said:

Any clues on the era or region, Leslie?  You have been very generous with us GNR folks recently, so I imagine it might be something to counterbalance that…..?

Sorry, Patrick, I DID announce the wagons already - read the "Next" posts again. CIE liveries. I thought of doing a GN one, but wasn't convinced that it'd sell!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Sorry, Patrick, I DID announce the wagons already - read the "Next" posts again. CIE liveries. I thought of doing a GN one, but wasn't convinced that it'd sell!

Oops, I have either missed those or forgotten 😂

Can’t find the post either, can you tag me or share again?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a happy time packing ready for Bangor - I leave tomorrow week!

At the risk of being presumptious, it would be useful to have an idea of the level of interest in a few of my "Southern" kits - really to save carrying a big stock better left to the MRSI Show in the Autumn (although, if you buy them now, they'll be "runners" by then! I don't want to fill Richard's car to the roof!

The kits which jump to mind are

CIE Cattle

Double Beets

GSWR 10 ton Brake van

I only ever have half a dozen or so of the "Northern" (meaning GNR / SLNCR) kits with me and I give polite warning that the UTA Spoil Wagons which I have to hand are the last of them, except you want them without transfers (not worth £40 or so for a rerun of those).

Fear not, plenty of the new CIE vans - the first sales went in the Post today.

All that said, if you want to put your name on any item, just PM or e-mail me. No payment and no scowls if you change your mind - it all helps this aged 77 year old.

For Narrow Gauge enthusiasts, I have a few copies of the notable "Tralee and Dingle Railway" book, at 10% off;

plus a few of our late friend "Lambeg Man's" books, priced to sell.

A PM reserves.

Thanks in advance

Leslie

• Like 4

Look what arrived from New Zealand.

I got well and truly walloped for VAT, but I plan to offer some of these (I want the Snail wagons) at Bangor at pretty well cost price.

All being well, if I have time, I'll have a small number of John's kits - I'm very impressed by the 3D printing from China.

Enjoy.

Leslie

• Like 5
  • WOW! 3

16 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

The miniature film makers arrived to Brookhall this afternoon, their sound equipment wasn't working however and they only had a cheap camera with poor colour balance capabilities.  Looking forward to bringing the layout to Bangor next weekend.

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing this fabled layout as well - especially as it has lots of Provincial Wagons on it! (All on sale at my stand!). Liked the glimpse of one of my "Brown Vans" in a siding! Great stuff, Patrick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi folks,

That's correct, unfortunately due to other commitments we cannot make Bangor this year I'm afraid!

We will still have a small announcement tomorrow ahead of the show, so watch this space!

Cheers!

Fran 

The item is small, the price is small or the run quantity is small?

Like a bus would be small, or a Dutch Van would be small...

1 minute ago, jhb171achill said:

This one is small, but Bangor is far away............

Bangor (or at least one of them) is nearer than it was.

I remember the first time I drove to Holyhead using the new A55, after years of battling up the A5 through the barely mobile roadblocks made from caravans.

Barely a couple of hours into the journey, I saw a sign for Bangor - "Blimey" I thought, "Another Bangor, that'll confuse people.

Then I found myself on the Menai Bridge.

I ended up sat at the front of the queue looking at the ferry for ages...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 17/3/2024 at 5:18 PM, Patrick Davey said:

The miniature film makers arrived to Brookhall this afternoon, their sound equipment wasn't working however and they only had a cheap camera with poor colour balance capabilities.  Looking forward to bringing the layout to Bangor next weekend.

Looks like one of the digitised IRRS archive films! Can we say that Tony Price or Joe St Leger took it in 1964 on an IRRS "outing" as they are (quaintly!) called.............

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Safely home from the above event and almost got my equilibrium back - we arrived back at 7am on Tuesday, then had to take a friend to see "Madame Butterfly" at Cinema (don't bother) that night, some recovery then Good Friday given over to The Messiah  by the Royal Choral Society at the Albert Hall. At last got the sums done - I might have made a few bob after the not insubstantial costs of just being there when you live in Surrey!

Thanks, first, to Richard who took me in his Merc and did ALL the driving; to NDMRC who put the event on.

But most especially to the 70 or so folk who came by and spent money!

Second Hand books raised £200 for the "171 Appeal", which might pay for some minor part, but it all helps to move the project forward - so a special thanks to those who added to their libraries (and reduced the load on the return journey).

Richard enjoyed taking me to Ballycastle for Fish and Chips at Morton's on the front, Fair Head looked amazing in the Winter sun and the waves last Thursday ......

Thanks all.

Leslie

• Like 6

12 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Good to meet so many familiar faces last week.

A few pics from Brookhall, and Alan’s outstandingly good BCDR models!

IMG_0536.jpeg

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

Thank you for those kind words about the County Down locos Jonathan. It was a pleasure to meet you. Maybe get a chance for a proper chat next time. 

Just to avoid any confusion, I can’t lay claim to the H&W diesel No28 in UTA black (though I wish I could). That’s a very fine example of Gareth Brennan’s work. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tullygrainey said:

Thank you for those kind words about the County Down locos Jonathan. It was a pleasure to meet you. Maybe get a chance for a proper chat next time. 

Just to avoid any confusion, I can’t lay claim to the H&W diesel No28 in UTA black (though I wish I could). That’s a very fine example of Gareth Brennan’s work. 

Ah - thanks for that (and apologies, Gareth, if you're reading....!)

Best of all at Bangor was meeting Ivor Hughes (aka @33lima), who in the late 1990s built me a lot of rolling stock on the recommendation of our late friend Steve Rafferty (aka "Lambegman").

IMG_8023.thumb.jpg.4cdd34c9f5fd743f7b25c99f4b672ba3.jpg

We had never met - now he's a customer of mine!

I've almost recovered now - the boxes of wagons are back in the loft (still a few left, although orders are coming in ....).

Great to meet a lot of friends over a busy weekend, especially William Redpath (and his wife) who have firmly put me to shame with their wonderful model of Portadown. Just brilliant!

• Like 8