IRM Is Sucking Diesel As Fuel Oil Tank Wagon Announced

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

@Warbonnet Are these anchor mounted fuel tanks the same design of tank as the A and B class ones introduced by Briitish Rail and the UK oil companies in the late 1940's but mounted on the Irish Bulleid triangulated chassis rather than the standard British chassis?  They look very similar.

Tim 

On 22/3/2024 at 11:14 PM, TimO said:

@Warbonnet Are these anchor mounted fuel tanks the same design of tank as the A and B class ones introduced by Briitish Rail and the UK oil companies in the late 1940's but mounted on the Irish Bulleid triangulated chassis rather than the standard British chassis?  They look very similar.

Tim 

Hi Tim,

Theyre  a completely different design as far as I know.

Cheers!

Fran

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

If anybody has over-ordered their oil tanks and wishes to dispose of some, please let me know.

I was unable to order due to account glitches before they sold out.

Are these, the flats and Builleid opens all sold out on Preorder? Was hoping to nab a pack of flats and a couple of corrugated opens

17 minutes ago, meathdane said:

Are these, the flats and Builleid opens all sold out on Preorder? Was hoping to nab a pack of flats and a couple of corrugated opens

Afraid so.

I was able to order the Open Wagons, missed out on the Flats and Oil Tanks, and Patrick helped manually place my order for the H Vans and Grain Hoppers.

There are usually extra units released into stock once the items arrive and all orders have been processed, so it’ll probably be grand.

37 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Afraid so.

I was able to order the Open Wagons, missed out on the Flats and Oil Tanks, and Patrick helped manually place my order for the H Vans and Grain Hoppers.

There are usually extra units released into stock once the items arrive and all orders have been processed, so it’ll probably be grand.

Shoot! Thankfully managed to grab some of these, H vans and Bulk grains. Wonder if Marks Models got any stock allocation? As a backup plan

6 hours ago, meathdane said:

Shoot! Thankfully managed to grab some of these, H vans and Bulk grains. Wonder if Marks Models got any stock allocation? As a backup plan

Even if Mark's don't, IRM will release extra units into stock once all pre-orders have been packed and shipped, so I wouldn't panic too much.

You can subscribe to be notified when each item is back in stock on the IRM shop website.

Plus, in hindsight, we all know a man who has probably bought a pallet of each to sell on, now that he's cleared space in his store room for them!

😂😂😂😂

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Tank Wagon Marvels

We have just received the production samples of our CIE fuel oil wagons, and well, Oh my! 😍😍😍

image(40).thumb.png.45774c73ef4b4648fc2e66d442ac6264.png

Production is now complete on these beauties and once we have signed these off (featuring tooling amendments) we will begin shipping them.

Don't miss out on our Bulleid wagon projects, some of which can be pre-ordered from our website still: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/wagons/availability_pre-order

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • WOW! 4