Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks ago the last update says to me in an accusing tone!!

To prove I've not been slacking, I took a few snaps :)

First off, the storage / stock boxes have been moved in to the attic / storage area, which of course had to be cleaned out first. But the right hand loop is now clear and ready for baseboards as a result!

In other news, the station throat and point work has been getting a little detailing, in the form of some trunking, orange ducting, etc, and point motors, a little ballasting has been done, the back platform is glued in place and I've modified slightly the shed that was facing the platforms into an open air fueling and service area for DMUs.

Otherwise I'm still waiting for a box of Neodymium magnets (on a slow boat from china!) so I can install all the uncouplers I need, before I can finish the ballasting and hard standing!

Here is a flavour of where things are at now.

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

Cheers Richie,

Coming along slowly more like!

The clean up, stock sort, attic clear, shed clear and other DIY have eaten all the time :)

Need to finish the wiring, lay the shed, install the mainline and the boards for the right hand side and loop are going in Thursday!

Yes Rich! Also get videos and photos of it with the 201s in the shed! It'll remind of those better times!

Things have really changed since the mid 2000's Vincent. I'll have to look the other way when I am leaving Waterford on Saturday morning as it kills me to see the MKIII's wasting away in Waterford West.

Rich,

Well I'll be doing my best to run a thriving all orange layout :) with loads of freight too!

Looking forward to it! Should be brilliant! Although, I did love the time when the locos were in the process of being repainted, variety was best then! I think I'll be doing my layout in that period. But looking back... Lots more container trains, Guinness liner trains, bulk cement, ammonia (a bit further back!), sugar beet, oil trains... remind me of anything else!

Yep I have oil, beet, Guinness, timber, bubbles, cement bogies. Bell liner, 40 and 46 foots, pocket wagons and a large per way yard with ballasters, tampers and more.

Am looking forward to the next few weeks track laying so I can get more stock out.

These magnets from china are delaying me!

.... oil, beet, Guinness, timber, bubbles, cement bogies. Bell liner, 40 and 46 foots, pocket wagons and a large per way yard with ballasters, tampers ...

lol, it sounds more like you should resurrect the LMS on the North Wall and be done with this Amiens *passenger* madness!

Edited by Glenderg
*passenger*

Yep I have oil, beet, Guinness, timber, bubbles, cement bogies. Bell liner, 40 and 46 foots, pocket wagons and a large per way yard with ballasters, tampers and more.

Am looking forward to the next few weeks track laying so I can get more stock out.

These magnets from china are delaying me!

Fertiliser, Anyhydrous, and Weedspray Stephen.

Rich,

And I'm still not a patch on many. (Looking at wiggy :) )

Rome wasn't built in a day Stephen. The progress so far has been moving at a very fast pace. It takes huge amounts of dedication and sweat and tears, but it must be very satisfying to be at the point you are now. I really enjoy the regular updates and it will be nice to discuss things in person on Saturday.

Rich,

Cheers Rich! The encouragement an pressure of this forum keeps me motoring :)

It keeps me interested Stephen as nothing ever stays the same at the inception of a layout. There are constant changes along the way as you learn. Great ideas can come out of nowhere. I'm beginning to see where this layout is going and it's going to keep you busy.

Rich,