Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

Guest hidden-agenda
As you can see in the last photo, I also fitted two more point motors under the board for the double slip.

Next, I tested the freight sidings for length - with a rake of 12 of Hidden Agenda's 46' Container Flats!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3452[/ATTACH]

I almost forgot to say the decals are available from Steve at Rail-tec and are a credit to the guy.He now does a full range of wagon decals and i cant recommend them enough . http://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=irish

Edited by hidden-agenda

Cheers Anthony :)

The station is a Hornby item, iirc, its a thomas the tank engine station :) Will have a check :)

The next phase (arriving thursday) will cut through the wall to the right behind the signal box, and cross the stairwell with a giant suspension bridge :) (and yes, I'm rather looking forward to that!!! )

Cheers :) I think that's why I'm actually enjoying quite a large layout. If I'm in the mood I'll lay a little track, or program some point motors, or ballast a siding, or fit some uncouplers (or wreck some platforms :( ) or lay some more track, or play with some scenics, or do some wiring, etc :)

I get an hour here, an hour there, and means it's always something different to keep the head :)

The ballast there is the gaugemaster granite (which may be a re-bagged noch offering). I definitely prefer it to other options, and it goes down very well. A good spray of muck and it should look quite irish :) The hardstanding has been painted with Woodlands scenics 'concrete top coat' which looks ok, but is quite cream. Needs lots of weathering and staining methinks. I also need to figure out how to stop the staff falling into the pit :)