My new Americian beauty

Rate this topic

Chevron

• 6 months later...
Finally got a Union Pacific :)

Ppovrjnh.jpg

Enjoy - looks great. US diesel locos do look more like 'serious' machines and evoke a sense of power and industry. Love all the odd shapes, weird cab arrangements, walkways and railings all over the loco. That Union Pacific has oodles of character (i.e. compared to a 201 rectangle box or an A class).

Edited by Noel

Bought this as a donor chassis but it seems too nice to cut up

f6d081ce1a69209991ff84a743b40b01.jpg

=))

US diesel locos do look more like 'serious' machines and evoke a sense of power and industry………….love all the odd shapes…... has oodles of character (i.e. compared to a 201 rectangle box or an A class).

Seriousness, power and odd shapes are the path to the dark side (of modeling)

stars-wars-episode-1-tattoo.jpg

Nice shots, John:tumbsup: I recognize the Lehigh but not the other. Very nice livery though

Got hooked on the Delaware & Husdon when I bought an Atlas RS3 in Victors model railroad shop in London 30 years ago.

Preserved Alco RS32 at North Creek

5019 (1).jpg

5019.jpg

Visited some of the lines during a road trip across upstate New York in 2004

Hi,while reading this thread I thought I would buy an American loco,so I picked this one.Its just to have one American loco.

I deleted the photos of the loco because I they were from another web site and not my photos.

ATHEARN GENESIS HO GAUGE G6422 BURLINGTON NORTHERN SD-70MAC LOCO 9526 (4P)

Edited by Northman

Noel,I know nothing about the loco,only that it looked "nice":tumbsup:

Neither do I - but it just looks a totally amazing beast. :) Enjoy

You can just imaging a big consist of them hauling a freight train that's nearly a mile long through the rockies.

Noel,I know nothing about the loco,only that it looked "nice":tumbsup:

Burlington Northern EMD SD70MAC in their 'executive scheme' which was short lived before BN's merger with Santa Fe to form BNSF. Prototypes were delivered from 1993 and BN got 350 of them before the merger.

Burlington Northern EMD SD70MAC in their 'executive scheme' which was short lived before BN's merger with Santa Fe to form BNSF. Prototypes were delivered from 1993 and BN got 350 of them before the merger.

BN E Unit.jpg

Executive E9 Illinois Railroad Museum

SD70s.jpg

BNSF SD70s departing Moorhead Yard MN on mty Unit Coal

The SD70's in the executive scheme were occasionally seen here in North East Ohio on trains of low sulfur coal from Wyoming. I once got a ride on a pair after the crew dropped off their train of 110 loaded coal cars at a nearby power plant. The engineer allowed me at the controls on the mainline for a few miles, something he most certainly would not have done had we had a train behind us. It was the first wide cab locomotive I was on board and I remember thinking the cab was the size of a small living room.