CIE Standard coach (laminate stock)

Rate this topic

Kirley

In the absence of anything better, I'm quite happy with the SF RTR AEC and IFM RTR Laminate coaches I'm running. Obviously I would love IRM spec'd equivalents one day, especially Laminates.

PS: Also perhaps one day IRM H-Vans and IRM Beet wagons to represent the CIE era when these wagon made up the buik of goods traffic on Irelands railways! :) (i.e. pre-modern image era before bogies and CWR).

Edited by Noel
typo
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

These lovely brass sides arrived from New Zealand thanks to @Mayner. They will make a nice winter project to make a couple of laminate coaches using dapol donors. I really like the raised detail on these and the well defined window frames. Hopefully I can do them justice over the winter and spray them Black'n'Tan for myself and @jhb171achill. The golden era of Irelands railways before yo-yos and the extinction of loco hauled passenger trains. Anyway these brass sides look excellent and a new medium for me to learn.

IMG_8896a.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2015 at 8:36 PM, Garfield said:

Here's an interior shot of the coach preserved at the Kiltimagh Station Museum:

http://eiretrains.com/Photo_Gallery/Railway%20Stations%20K/Kiltimagh/IrishRailwayStations.html#Kiltimagh_20040703_003_CC_JA.jpg

Late to be coming back to this, but I just spotted it. The upholstery there is not original.

• Funny 1

Hi, will IRM venture into Park Royal/Laminate production in future years or is the only option to be IFM? 

It would be great to know some medium long term plans (presuming all going well) for budgeting purposes/ happy thoughts, i suppose i mean by that Sulzers, E Class as well as the carriages listed above.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dead Kennedy said:

Hi, will IRM venture into Park Royal/Laminate production in future years or is the only option to be IFM? 

It would be great to know some medium long term plans (presuming all going well) for budgeting purposes/ happy thoughts, i suppose i mean by that Sulzers, E Class as well as the carriages listed above.

We certainly wont rule it out, we have a lot to get out there first of course with all the 42ft stuff, A Class etc but we will likely do another announcement programme in the Spring to outline what we have coming up after they're all out of the way. Hopefully this time the snow doesnt scupper it! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

We certainly wont rule it out, we have a lot to get out there first of course with all the 42ft stuff, A Class etc but we will likely do another announcement programme in the Spring to outline what we have coming up after they're all out of the way. Hopefully this time the snow doesnt scupper it! 

Cheers,

Fran

OK, Thank you 

Alan

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately it means that the vehicle has been recommended for scrapping, one step before 'X' (scrapping has been authorised). For the occasional few there was maybe one other route if someone sprayed RPSI on the side @popeye

Sister coach to 2414 above; CIE 2419-2422 series 2422 (1956) CIE Green with snail at RPSI, Whitehead (most of the buffet coaches turned out were built to run with the newly introduced AEC railcars of the 1950s)

Whitehead, 27/11/2017

Edited by DiveController