Model Railway Club Start up.

Rate this topic

Thomas

• 1 month later...

A meeting will take place on Saturday the 5th of March 2016, in Horkans Garden Centre, Knockanour, Castlebar, Co Mayo, in The Bay Leaf Café at 11.00 AM. (Sat nave coordinates N53* 53.229' and W009* 11.854')Look for the table with trains!!! No Whingers. If for whatever reason you cannot make the meeting but would be interested in getting involved PM me.

You'd have a job interrupting Vincent. When he isn't interrupting people himself or shouting over them, he's loudly coughing and creating his throat. Worst interviewer in history, though in his favour he won't take any waffle from anyone.

To model railway clubs; good to see not one but potentially two new start ups above.

You'd have a job interrupting Vincent. When he isn't interrupting people himself or shouting over them, he's loudly coughing and creating his throat. Worst interviewer in history, though in his favour he won't take any waffle from anyone.

To model railway clubs; good to see not one but potentially two new start ups above.

And now on TV3 tonight with Vincent Browne , WITHOUT Vincent browne. Instead it's Ivan Yeats...Ill stop now..

Very best of luck with it. Maybe a huge Achill or Clifden based layout will ensue! Drool drool drool

I suppose if a few of your beloved Achill Bogies were to be featured the club would receive a handsome donation with a few drops of Guinness and drool on it?..

Edited by GSR 800

A meeting will take place on Saturday the 5th of March 2016, in Horkans Garden Centre, Knockanour, Castlebar, Co Mayo, in The Bay Leaf Café at 11.00 AM. (Sat nave coordinates N53* 53.229' and W009* 11.854')Look for the table with trains!!! No Whingers. If for whatever reason you cannot make the meeting but would be interested in getting involved PM me.

Hope to see you there Thomas, be great to meet up with some fellow modellers from the Mayo area.

Gents, I realise everyone's consumed by election mania and you're having a bit of craic, but please remember politics are strictly verboten on the forum. :)

Can we suggest Claire Byrne for Taoiseach?

A Mayo layout with D16s, and based on an Achill terminus, actually gives excellent scope for a club layout. If anyone ever does get such a thing off the ground in that neck of the woods, please do publicise it here!

There was a mention on this site some time back of a (perhaps slight?) possibility of a D16 loco kit... Was it Mayners?

I built a model of 533 in plasticard powered by a Lima tender drive about 30 odd years ago looked nice but getting it to run was another matter .

The cattle wagon cast in resin (gooey) in a rubber mould the coach in plasticard from an over scale drawing.

Drawings of the D16 and MGWR coaches appeared in a series of articles by Tim Cramer in Model Railways

533 Cattle Van.jpg

I would look at doing a D16 at some stage after the introduction of the G2 which should be available late autumn. The main issue with designing a kit for many locos is the sheer number of variation that arose in GSR/CIE days.

We had a very enjoyable first meeting this morning. It was great to meet up with other fellow modellers. A club has been initially formed and I plan to create a Facebook page in due course. The name of the club will be the 'Connaught Model Railway Club'. Please keep a look out for further details over the coming weeks.

We had a very enjoyable first meeting this morning. It was great to meet up with other fellow modellers. A club has been initially formed and I plan to create a Facebook page in due course. The name of the club will be the 'Connaught Model Railway Club'. Please keep a look out for further details over the coming weeks.

Absolutely great news! I hope there were no whingers there....! Well done, lads.

• 2 weeks later...
I built a model of 533 in plasticard powered by a Lima tender drive about 30 odd years ago looked nice but getting it to run was another matter .

The cattle wagon cast in resin (gooey) in a rubber mould the coach in plasticard from an over scale drawing.

Drawings of the D16 and MGWR coaches appeared in a series of articles by Tim Cramer in Model Railways

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23087[/ATTACH]

I would look at doing a D16 at some stage after the introduction of the G2 which should be available late autumn. The main issue with designing a kit for many locos is the sheer number of variation that arose in GSR/CIE days.

John, you could have two variations: early GSR version, with both MGWR and GSWR chimneys, and in the later GSR/CIE version, with larger boiler and riveted everything!

• 6 months later...
Hi fellow modeller's a new club has been formed in the North West. Foyle & District Model Railway Society . Although in its early stages membership is growing well And the future looks bright. TDR

Is this in a Tunnel near Downhill?If so there is a film of the first two members welcoming a real train through the West Door!

Seriously,I wish you and your Society Members every success in this venture.

Old Blarney.