GM171kk's layout.

Rate this topic

gm171 kk

On 4/27/2020 at 5:33 PM, gm171 kk said:

Hopefully I'll manage to get a small layout up and running soon. In the meantime, my fleet to date is below. Missing a pair of 121s.IMG_20200427_173018.thumb.jpg.84d2271ab49066b4918dae237c77ee99.jpg 

IMG_20200427_172932.jpg

IMG_20200427_173000.jpg

IMG_20200427_172921.jpg

IMG_20200427_172911.jpg

IMG_20200427_173432.jpg

Cracking lineup of motive power there. Made all the better with 112 in the mix :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

I really like your 112 without the Irish Rail extras and original lights. Very nice. 

23 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

It's a bit of a hybrid... I needed it to look as it would in the 90s.

Hadn't noticed that. Even better :-bd

• Like 1

Just starting on this small 6'x2' layout. It will basically be 2 mainlines, 2 freight sidings and a siding for locomotives to refuel. 

I want it to resemble a freight yard similar to those found in Mullingar, Longford, Carlow and Kilkenny with a typical corrugated shed that would be seen at these locations. 

IMG_20200501_174120.jpg

• Like 6

Lads, I've looked at a lot of threads on this topic and I'm still unsure if I can go ahead and start soldering... 

The plan was to use the heavier wire as a bus and the lighter wire for droppers. Can anyone confirm if this is suitable? I'm using an NCE Power Cab which supplies the track with 15V. 

IMG_20200504_134758.jpg

Edited by gm171 kk

48 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

With track testing proving successful, 143 was tasked with removing disused panels and sleepers from the site. 

Can someone send me their ballast rake... I have a job for it. 

IMG_20200507_140548.jpg

IMG_20200507_140708.jpg

IMG_20200507_140621.jpg

Sorry my ballast rake is social distancing!😂😂😂

• Funny 6

mm, I do wonder about the sense of putting this on the outside of a box, Packing list normally goes on but not the Value. Most likely a thing for the impending brexit I reckon.

Thats also why I get mine set to my work address and the fact the courier left the stuff outside my door unattended previously. ;)

8 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

mm, I do wonder about the sense of putting this on the outside of a box, Packing list normally goes on but not the Value. Most likely a thing for the impending brexit I reckon.

Thats also why I get mine set to my work address and the fact the courier left the stuff outside my door unattended previously. ;)

Assuming it was dee pee dee who seem pretty poor. El-Cheapo, they have done the same to us multiple times left stuff on the road, and signed for it themselves, lazy gits. Luckily nothing  has been lifted but one piece of electronics they delivered was left out in the rain all night luckily the internal packaging had a layer of plastic, otherwise their customer would have been out of pocket as well as loosing us as clients. The end point agents many of these companies use can be very ineffective for the last mile of delivery, ring an office bell and any delay in answering off they go sending the automated failed delivery attempt, I caught one out with CCTV proving to their customer they made no effort to gain access to the site and just left immediately. An Post have proven very reliable during this CV-19 lockdown. Our postman knows us and will phone if any difficulty delivering a parcel to the door.

• Like 1