IRM Model Buses - What Are The Odds?

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

With WarBonnet's cryptic post about a forthcoming announcement being a little left field, the brain starts wondering just how far?

Passenger stock?

Mk3's? 22000's? CAF Mk4's? Enterprise stock?

Or how about diecast model buses???

Some KC's, KD's and CitySwift B10B's?

Seems like any run of Irish buses by anybody sells out very quickly, so maybe it's not as empty an idea as it sounds.

Screenshot_20200829-154626~2.png

17 minutes ago, mphoey said:

we already have  the irish bus equivalent of irm its derek farrelly and his excellent bus range  for irm to beat his quality would be something but then again a plastic moulded bus could be possible look at rapido trains

Derek’s buses are a work of art! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

How does one buy Derek's buses, or even find out what's available?

derek puts them up on the irish model buses facebook page plus various other model bus pages they usually sell out on the day of announcement as they are very limited runs usually 50 to 150 of each destination  is the maximum

https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishmodelbuses

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

If "water" is the clue, it's obviously the B&I Ferry from the eighties, duh.

So for somebody not on FB, basically forget about getting Irish buses?

there is another irish diecast coming out this year which is the dublin bus enviro400mmc hybrid bus it will be available from brian collins 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

I'll encourage him to start posting them on here! 

Thanks!

On 8/30/2020 at 3:37 PM, Ironroad said:

Wow, that CIE one is lovely! When did they run from and until?

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The Plaxton Panorama, sorry!

I should apologise the other one is Bus Eireann.

The Plaxton Panorama has the Dublin registration no. NZO 33 and that number was issued in the latter part of 1968 (I know because I had a motorbike that was registered in July '68 and it was EZO 506. I remember those coaches and I would expect they had a good lifespan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

I should apologise the other one is Bus Eireann.

The Plaxton Panorama has the Dublin registration no. NZO 33 and that number was issued in the latter part of 1968 (I know because I had a motorbike that was registered in July '68 and it was EZO 506. I remember those coaches and I would expect they had a good lifespan.

I wasn't even a twinkle in anybody's eye back then, but those Panorama's are gorgeous. Any excuse to have one!

1 minute ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I wasn't even a twinkle in anybody's eye back then, but those Panorama's are gorgeous. Any excuse to have one!

I think that model was released as far back as 2015, I found it by accident a few weeks ago and couldn't resist it, snap it up they only have a few.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 5:43 AM, BosKonay said:

Unfortunately too modern for me again but I can see that this might fit in nicely for modern era modelers. I do actually like buses but far earlier and the only ones I don't collect are modern Dublin bus etc. Still, I can see these being snapped up to be honest even by those that don't model trains!

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be much more interested in buses from the 60s. Recently, I ordered a triple pack of 42 flats and a weedsprayer (again for the differently numbered flats).

Unfortunately when I did so the DCC chip in my unit seems to have malfunctioned, made a misinterpretion 'Link Buses 2 Rail', overrode my comments 2 posts ago,  and RV517 and RV520 were loaded into my cart  😁.

OK, but that's definitely the last time for now .... 🤔

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So after the IRM RoadLiner trucks, or RoadLiner trailers at least, these will hit the shelves!

:D

D,

Just to keep us on the topic of buses, I think the lads have been actually measuring these up before they do the CIE bulk cement hopper lorries

Preserved C Class Buses.

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DiveController said:

D,

Just to keep us on the topic of buses, I think the lads have been actually measuring up before they do the CIE bulk cement hopper lorries

Preserved C Class Buses.

Now that's a nice line-up for a manufacturer, even if they are a bit pre-historic.

Five liveries from one single tooling!