low loader

Rate this topic

heirflick

A pleasure Heirflick. I notice, looking at it again, the wagon has a painted departmental "A" series number 650A. The example shown in photos at the top of this post has a standard CIE wagon plate (and with a standard 5-digit number), but the above doesn't.... (unless there's a plate on the other side, or my eyesight is suffering from too many years of Guinness imbibing...!)

kind words! for a long time, fear was a big thing...fear of making a balls of weathering a model - espically if its new! with these old and unworkable items you cant loose!

Seamus it's the right thing to do for anyone to put up photos of their work as it is appreciated by the group members, and it is a brave thing to do. Your piece in your last post shows great workmanship and effort. I love the fact that you have also created a scenario or story behind the models. The loco is after being loaded to be taken to a preservation site. Little scenarios like that happen most days in the real world and creating the real world in miniature is what the hobby is all about. It shows effort hard work and imagination as there is always a story behind everything. It caught my eye and I liked it.

Rich,

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seem to have been used by the engineers to carry a small Priestman crawler crane Priestman Cub - The only Priestman at the rally

I remember it very well John, that's the low floor wagon for the priestman crane, it was very active in the Dublin area in the early 90s, used for taking out old rails from disconnected sidings, after Liffey Junction signal cabin closed in July 1991, that priestman crane was used to lift the old sidings, 005 the Aclass hauled it to Liffey Junction.

When the crane was withdrawn it stabled in the dardinell sidings in NW with instructions for it NOT TO BE SCRAPPED, was surpose to be going to Downpatrick but I don't know if it ever did.

Regards

hg