Jump to content

Galteemore

Members
  • Posts

    5,004
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    59

Everything posted by Galteemore

  1. Interesting. Saffron is the kilt colour worn by Irish military pipers - both Defence Forces and British army carry on the tradition. With olive green above!
  2. My mistake -sorry and you’re quite right. I believe I was demonstrating what researchers call ‘confirmation bias’
  3. Excellent. Presumably the GN loco is the MaK - rather than a VS!!
  4. Be careful. It’s full of enticing things - you’ll never leave ! I still cannot understand why I never went during the three years we lived in Dublin….
  5. Fabulous views of 800s in action, not to mention 400s and any number of fine 4-4-0s. Really nice capture of Ireland on the eve of dieselisation
  6. They are big. We had a Gauge 3 loco on display at home when I was a kid. LBSC Southern Maid, like this but painted red. I remember being fascinated by the mechanical lubricator
  7. That’s such a shame Alan! Frustrating thing to fix but if anyone can find a way….
  8. Excellent work all round. Photos are great - got to model that loose boiler cladding !
  9. Excellent. What a great project !
  10. That’s such a shame. It was a really nice news story. Hope things pick up for him
  11. That’s a lovely story. I take it that another cousin presented you with a ‘My Little Pony’ set ?
  12. Think so. It seems to have had some late career TLC
  13. Galteemore

    Steam railcars

    One of the Sentinels ended its days on the SLNC. A bogie was used as a luggage trailer for Railbus A!
  14. Interesting stuff @Mol_PMBand @Horsetan thanks. Just realised that from photographs of 558 I may only need to bother with tank side numbers as by late 50s she had no buffer beam nos!
  15. The J26 looks fabulous Alan. Look forward to seeing how Kieran finishes it off and what number it is. Inspired me to crack on with mine last night !
  16. Yes I wouldn’t be at all surprised if two burly RIC men travelled along!
  17. That’s looking fabulous
  18. I’ve used LSWR\SR ones before
  19. No I meant BR’s adoption of Pacers! The 1950s BR railbuses were a sensible solution to an Irish style problem. The 1980s ones weren’t
  20. Irish railways had basically abandoned railbuses by the 50s as outdated technology, preferring more advanced designs such as the Walker railcars. BRs adoption of the concept seemed a rather retrograde step.
  21. As one who recalls both in service , the AECs were a good design allowed to fall into decrepitude. The Pacers were a bad design allowed to go into production!
  22. That’s delightful. Excellent work - it’s not an easy style to model
  23. Twinned with Weissfelsen, clearly …
  24. The 5 LEVs, of which RB1 was one, played a part in the genesis of the Pacers. One of the LEVs is apparently still in Ireland, part of the abortive UK gauge line near Dundalk
  25. So sorry to hear this. Can’t begin to imagine how hard that must be for you.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use