Jump to content

flange lubricator

Members
  • Posts

    1,036
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by flange lubricator

  1. I think the rivets might be a little overkill it was the coverslips that had screws and only on the to cover between the panels.
  2. That would be great any drawings of the GNR bulk /hopper cement wagons built 1953 ?
  3. I think they might be battery boxes you’re looking at .
  4. The picture your referring to is one of a de frocked 4W TPO's running as an ordinary van for a period in the late 1970s they were never fitted with generators as far as I'm aware.
  5. I was going to suggest a DCC one with sound ??
  6. For the most part the four wheel vans all gone by 1980 so most people under sixty wouldn't remember them in traffic the Dutch Van and the ex BR Mk1 vans would be the ones most people would be familiar , would people be prepared to spend more money on a premium RTR version with lights etc ?
  7. I think the colour your try to match is RAL 140 50 60 There is a good link to a reference on colour here
  8. Not really just thought it might be of interest to someone here.
  9. Found this on a auction for 5th Jan Great Northern Railway (Ireland) Blueprint Drawing for a 20 Ton Tank Wagon For Conveyance of Crude B
  10. Alive and kicking updated my subscription recently and even managed to get a few issues I missed out on .
  11. Also Mk 2a Fk 4113 ex BR 13469/19469 4114 ex BR 13471
  12. And get the bulldozer driver to deliver the CPO in the bucket of the bulldozer.
  13. I was there today collecting some items and was asking what would happen any lots that didn't sell and they maybe included in any upcoming auctions of their normal stock . If there were any items that didn't sell that anyone was interested it would do no harm to give them a ring of send an email and perhaps make an offer and you never know .
  14. Any lots that didn't sell can still be bought at the bid price .
  15. That was me Leslie who got the journals I was delighted with them
  16. I managed to get a set of IRRS journals from volume 1 to Volume 27 all original in excellent condition all beautifully bound .
  17. It was a wonderful layout Dempsey well done a thank you for showing it .
  18. They were copies of a GSR built van 2548 but with triangulated underframe with Commonwealth bogies . https://catalogue.nli.ie/Record/vtls000304884
  19. Lovely job nice to see a light weathering did you light them too
  20. That is still there its the one that the RPSI used as there tool an for many years , it was set on fire at some point but the underframe and frame is intact it would be great if it was kept .
  21. That is a mammoth task you have taken on and a brilliant reference for everyone to use . well done Paul
  22. Another rough calculation , I was recently over on the Keightly and Worth Valley Railway and was chatting to one of the volunteers and asked them about many people volunteer on the railway and the rough figure was about a pool of 600 !! If any of the organisations above could muster more than a regular handful I would be very surprised.
  23. Sounds great but in practice not workable, between Drogheda and Navan there is one set of gates at Beauparc , but between Navan and Kingscourt there was fourteen or fifteen sets of gates which in the days of the Gypsum were operated by the train crew so add to that the slow line speed and lots of starting and stopping would be anything but a pleasurable experience for the passengers and would take most of the day to do a return trip .
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use