The buses of Tara Jctn.

Rate this topic

ttc0169

Afternoon lads, few photos of this mornings rush hour on Tara junctions high street,

image-3805367984.jpg

CIE D class Atlantean double decker waits at the sharp corner for Dublin bound expressway M14 to pass.

image-2304539408.jpg

An aerial view of the rush hour sees a variety of CIE buses including the M,D,KD,C and SS negotiate the high street traffic.

image-1444082710.jpg

Another D class Atlantean double decker pulls into the bus stop to pick up just a few passengers while another D class heads for the terminus further up the street with a long version SS class school bus close behind.

• 1 month later...

Morning lads,

Bus Eireann Scania irizar SP101 broke down while passing over the bridge at Tara junction earlier while operating the Galway-Cork expressway service,

image-988804364.jpg

Help arrived in the shape of the new Bus Eireann ford transit service vehicle and the passengers were asked to get off as a replacement in the form of SP102 arrived

Thanks must go to the local Gardai who provided traffic flow control in their ford transit which can be seen behind SP102.

image-3975536656.jpg

image-2442252370.jpg

image-18578060.jpg

image-2000409108.jpg

SP 104 passes the scene while operating the Cork-Galway expressway service

• 4 weeks later...

A 1970s or 1980s scene was recreated earlier at the bus depot with a selection of M class,C class and E class buses awaiting their next turn of duty

image-1335310755.jpg

image-2920855589.jpg

image-3467336037.jpg

The SS class school buses have been parked up for the summer months.

image-2527886945.jpg

The three CIE tours allocated buses-two Ms and one C class await their next duties.

• 1 month later...

With thanks to Brian Collins-two VGs entered service this evening on Tara Junctions number 4 and 83 route

They certainly are excellent models and I'm looking forward to supporting more releases in the future...here are a few photos of the buses on my layout...

image-2474364407.jpg

The modern day scene with the two VGs passing each other on the bridge over the running lines,

Also bought at the exhibition was an Aer Lingus ford transit van which can be seen in front.

image-371551494.jpg

VG 33 heads east on route 83.

image-759381292.jpg

The other VG heads back into the town operating route 4.

image-3461602772.jpg

The two VGs pass each other.

Edited by ttc0169

With thanks to Brian Collins-two VGs entered service this evening on Tara Junctions number 4 and 83 route

They certainly are excellent models and I'm looking forward to supporting more releases in the future...here are a few photos of the buses on my layout...

[ATTACH]8783[/ATTACH]

The modern day scene with the two VGs passing each other on the bridge over the running lines,

Also bought at the exhibition was an Aer Lingus ford transit van which can be seen in front.

[ATTACH]8784[/ATTACH]

VG 33 heads east on route 83.

[ATTACH]8785[/ATTACH]

The other VG heads back into the town operating route 4.

[ATTACH]8786[/ATTACH]

The two VGs pass each other.

Thank you Noel.

They look well on your layout.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Morning lads,

Two more of the M class type buses rolled off the production line over the last few days....this time as M75 in Bus Eireann red and white livery with a yellow stripe-one of the first liverys for Bus Eireann during 1987/1988,

The second is the unusual sight of an M class in the school bus livery of yellow and white,namely M25....

image-905773870.jpg

image-3117753224.jpg

After giving years of service to CIE-a battle weary M25 needs some TLC and a wash....!!!

image-350039820.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finished the M class and KC class buses over the last few days...

image-3033841260.jpg

KC1 on a test run

image-3174370235.jpg

image-1514565650.jpg

The KC and KD at the high street bus stop

image-744996241.jpg

48 IK on the Galway route is passed by 1 IK which is operating the Tralee route.

image-1631432037.jpg

A selection of buses pass each other on the high street...

The driver training didn't take place today as the training bus broke down....ah well maybe tomorrow......

[ATTACH]11790[/ATTACH]

I take it Noel, Tara Junction has it's own ''health & safety officer'' that bus mechanic fixing the bus is taking great care standing on an ''oil resistant mat'' and high vis clothing.

Regards

hg

• 8 months later...

Brings me back to the last days of VanHool McArdle in Spa Road, a good employer which the ex CIE staff only discovered when they got their wish and their jobs back in CIE after the closure in 1979. The rest of us lost out to Dessie O'Malley and the fiddle in the piano factory in Limerick. One point though, I don't think that tan livery was still in use by the time TKmax or Blanchardstown SC opened.

Brings me back to the last days of VanHool McArdle in Spa Road' date=' a good employer which the ex CIE staff only discovered when they got their wish and their jobs back in CIE after the closure in 1979. The rest of us lost out to Dessie O'Malley and the fiddle in the piano factory in Limerick. One point though, I don't think that tan livery was still in use by the time TKmax or Blanchardstown SC opened.[/quote']

Thanks lads,

WT,yes I'm aware that the tan livery and bus were gone by the time those adverts would have applied to some Dublin buses,mine were spare ones left over from the bombardier double deckers and can easily be replaced in the future.

• 2 months later...