The buses of Tara Jctn.

Rate this topic

ttc0169

At the risk of Garfield permanently banning me from IRM, I'll make a horrible confession.

I am the solitary individual, in all of world history, who actually liked the "desert sand" livery......

Even.....and I'm plucking up all my courage to say this - on the solitary "half-cab" which bore it for not much more than a week, and which I saw one evening on the 90 route at Heuston Station, having got out of the cab of an "A" class from Tralee......

At the risk of Garfield permanently banning me from IRM, I'll make a horrible confession.

I am the solitary individual, in all of world history, who actually liked the "desert sand" livery......

Even.....and I'm plucking up all my courage to say this - on the solitary "half-cab" which bore it for not much more than a week, and which I saw one evening on the 90 route at Heuston Station, having got out of the cab of an "A" class from Tralee......

That makes two of us. When freshly applied it did look good. Preferred the Dark navy and cream that preceded it mind you. Any livery is better than the current one for Dublin Bus! All it does is attract wasps in the summer months.

That makes two of us. When freshly applied it did look good. Preferred the Dark navy and cream that preceded it mind you. Any livery is better than the current one for Dublin Bus! All it does is attract wasps in the summer months.

3 - always liked the livery, prob as I was very young then and buses were exciting...

You're lucky I liked it, too! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Absolutely fascinating layout. Trains and buses. Whew! I'm not the only desert-sand enthusiast; that's a good few out of the closet now! My earliest memories' date=' of course, were of green buses with "flying snails", and UTA green ones up north.[/quote'] Thank you Jhb..
Edited by ttc0169

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...