Triang hornby r768 irish cie livery class 35

Rate this topic

burnthebox

Strange coincidence that Triang-Hornby should produce this model in 1976 and that IÉ would get the same or similar ones in the 1990s. A case of life imitating art?

Same seller

Early November

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190745331912?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

£205 stg + £15 p&p

Eh Josef, when did we get Hymeks?

Think I may have missed that one :SORRY:

Hey Dave, did I not see you with a set ( Irish at that ) which included a Hymek, or were the ould eyes fooling me again, :confused:

Yep

Paper CIE roundel that is just gummed to both ends of the loco

Another eBayer has jumped on the band wagon and offered his Hymek at a £100 start,

EBay Canada had some Irish bits recently and a Cl 33 A Class by Murphys made €132

Although made a lot more recently than the Hymek the MM A class had only 300 models made and the Hymek would have had at least 1500, as I read somewhere that they had to do at least 1500 back in the day?

So what does this make the Slainte Express set worth?

Yes because it's classed as international. If you live in England, believe it or not but Ireland is a foreign country therefor Royal Mail tend to charge for international postage.

Royal Mail have different postal zones, so to ship to Ireland is £9.97 whereas Australia is £13.41 for the same item. UK sellers/Ebayers tend to hit everyone for £15 to cover themselves.

Had a row once with a UK seller about postage

He lived 12 miles from his local PO. had to feed the parking meter and also the cost of the packaging

I bought the item anyway but lashed him out of it on his feedback

What about these parcel banks all around the country, are they any cheaper?

Hi Dave,

parcel motel by Nightline for me is great for ordering from the UK. Its 3.50 euro charge for a stay which is up to 2 nights. But the good bit is they have an address in the north were you can direct your parcel if the postage is cheaper it is then forwarded to your chosen motel. When you set up your account you pick your nearest collection point ( mostly maxol garages i believe ) and your given an id number you use this number and your name and the parcel motel centre address as your address on your orders.

I get a lot of stuff off ebay and a few times its been free uk postage but massive international postage so i got them sent to parcel motel in the north who then fowarded it down to my local collection point for 3.50. Points are 24 hour so for me its grand. I've made it sound complicated but its really straight forward.

jonny

Yes because it's classed as international. If you live in England, believe it or not but Ireland is a foreign country therefor Royal Mail tend to charge for international postage.

Yes, but as Glenderg has pointed out their is international and there is international. The world extends way beyond Ireland.

Yes, but as Glenderg has pointed out their is international and there is international. The world extends way beyond Ireland.

Being a Postman in former times, I suspect that the Royal Mail is being ripened up by top line management looking for a big payday when privatisation occurs.

Moving aside from that for a moment, I find that postage from the Republic to the UK not too bad in most cases. The only differences being a slight price hike (over internal UK mail) and a delay of two to three days door to door.

-Rob

TRIANG HORNBY R768 IRISH CIE LIVERY CLASS 35 HYMEK BOXED MEGA RARE ITEM!

Is it a collectors item? I wouldn't pay the postage cost never mind the winning bid cost. Certainly wouldn't be on my layout.

As far as I am concerned it is as described "RARE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIANG HORNBY R768 IRISH CIE LIVERY CLASS 35 HYMEK BOXED MEGA RARE ITEM!

Is it a collectors item? I wouldn't pay the postage cost never mind the winning bid cost. Certainly wouldn't be on my layout.

As far as I am concerned it is as described "RARE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it must be a collector's item because it is certainly not an enthusiasts item.:tumbsup: