Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus

Rate this topic

Yep, Patrick (Good to see you yesterday) the wagons look at home there.

WCR, glad you liked the wee van. The Broken Wheel sold out early yesterday. When Paddy M came, I had to dip into the reserve (Family / people I'd forgotten .....) - but who wouldn't oblige a gentleman who has MADE the Irish hobby?

Down to last half dozen snails.

If there's the demand (Speak up!), another Wheel with a different number will follow. I like the two colour Broken Wheel (which Claire in The Studio at Dapol got so nicely), so I won't need too much persuading.

Also an a Bauxite body / roof version when I dig out the photos.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Yep, Patrick (Good to see you yesterday) the wagons look at home there.

WCR, glad you liked the wee van. The Broken Wheel sold out early yesterday. When Paddy M came, I had to dip into the reserve (Family / people I'd forgotten .....) - but who wouldn't oblige a gentleman who has MADE the Irish hobby?

Down to last half dozen snails.

If there's the demand (Speak up!), another Wheel with a different number will follow. I like the two colour Broken Wheel (which Claire in The Studio at Dapol got so nicely), so I won't need too much persuading.

Yes please 

Again the time passes quickly and suddenly it’s the wee small hours….. windows completed today on the station building with only the sash panes to be glazed. Wall assembly has also started and weathered tiles were added to the roof. This all means that  the main shell of the building is nearing completion. 

D74443D5-729A-41AF-B5D5-36C025C0E418.jpeg

39A8B24C-A6EB-44CB-8B8A-BE7CB7911C93.jpeg

• Like 8
  • WOW! 5

4 hours ago, murphaph said:

Just marvellous. The moss on the roof is a nice touch!

Thanks Philip! I can’t claim any credit for the weathering on the roof tiles though because they’re all pre-printed! From Scale Model Scenery, worth checking out!

That’s the basic structure of the building assembled with some internal walls added - it’s almost ready to place it on the layout to get an idea of how it will look.  Plenty more details to go however.

4AD4E4DA-E0C1-46E5-BDE0-0FF9817DD9CE.jpeg

BE061FF0-3FB6-4B7A-AD07-2407D696AB41.jpeg

• Like 8

19 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

This is me speaking up 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Clogherhead station building exterior almost complete: roof finished today, with barge boards and finials, also guttering and downpipes. Chimneys were also fixed in position and lead flashing installed, and the sliding doors in the platform side glazed panel were also returned to their location.

Just the doors to add then a small canopy over the front door, and a larger one on the platform side.

An enjoyable build!

42A2566E-2CFE-4BE2-ACBA-477EEFB19165.jpeg

5BCB884C-28A2-4E90-AFD3-33C18D86AF8D.jpeg

6120A9E3-8726-439F-AD4C-59ABC029A04A.jpeg

328A3B97-8556-4B2C-99E1-5FA2FD31FFCE.jpeg

D69E208D-3F36-49DB-85AE-F541972BCF29.jpeg

Edited by Patrick Davey
  • Like 15
  • WOW! 2

• 2 weeks later...