eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

The model Railway Shop Monck Place!

I collected Dublo back in the day and a lot of the models I bought in Ireland had an Export Sticker on them

Most UK made Dublo wagons had a prefix of 43XX or 46XX, but the Export ones usually were overlabelled with a 44XX prefix

They usually were £10 - £20 dearer with some of the rarer ones making up to £40 more

Locos were usually in the 22xx range with the Export ones 23xx

And coaches were prefixed 40XX with the export ones 42XX

Dont ever remember picking up any 3 rail items with export stickers

Just looking at some of the prices for MM stock on ebay, do sellers think all buyers are as thick as turnips?

Prices including postage way above what you can buy off the shelf from retailers for readily available items. For example who is going to pay €64 for a coach that you can buy RRP for €49 or probably as low €40-45 if you do a deal with a retailer. Postage of €17-22 seems such a scam.

I've just posted an unboxed Hornby CIE Hymek Loco on eBay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/331487818185?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

A few boxed versions went for ST£70 or so a few months ago so putting for auction to see how it goes.

Condition is very good.

Moving to DCC now so while it still has sentimental value it is being replaced by it's newer MM brethren and has become surplus to requirements.

It still has a place in Irish railway modelling history pre-Murphy Models ....

DSCN1297.jpg

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1285.jpg

DSCN1295.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I've just posted an unboxed Hornby CIE Hymek Loco on eBay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/331487818185?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

A few boxed versions went for ST£70 or so a few months ago so putting for auction to see how it goes.

Condition is very good.

Moving to DCC now so while it still has sentimental value it is being replaced by it's newer MM brethren and has become surplus to requirements.

It still has a place in Irish railway modelling history pre-Murphy Models ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17762[/ATTACH]

Fair play Declan, you did very well on that one !!

But at least, postage is fully insured at cost and because of the weight bands used by Royal Mail other items can be added in the parcel at no extra cost!

Like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGA-RARE-Hornby-Railways-R-120-R120-Irish-5-Plank-Wagon-SLNC-MIB-/271814522706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f49687752

Shame there's only one of each for the price:rolleyes:

Looks like a few brand new super train coaches may be going for a keen price on ebay.

The photographs being perpendicular in the box make the black panels look parallel unless you look at them right way up. Might be a good deal for those who wish to respray tip-pex white stripes on.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/131464071319?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Saw them, but I'm going to hand pick these coaches in person or not at all

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, I was hoping to buy that but now everyone will want one at that bargain price! =))

They're gone off the rails!

(anyway, shouldn't we move this to the eBay thread?)

Paul, I was hoping to buy that but now everyone will want one at that bargain price! =))

They're gone off the rails!

(anyway, shouldn't we move this to the eBay thread?)

DC, please buy all means do so as I cannot locate that hidden or whatever Ebay spot, & bid away as you wish :)