Next Provincial Wagon?

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Thanks, Niles. I've emptied a boxful of each to date at The Show (close on a hundred wagons). Paul Daly (great exhibition Paul, thanks) came by and removed the empty cartons. He'd earlier bought a couple of the wagons himself.

Down to about twenty "Broken Wheels".

Thanks to all who dropped by and said "Hi" and have made a little investment.

Leslie

• Like 9

On 29/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, leslie10646 said:

Thanks, Niles. I've emptied a boxful of each to date at The Show (close on a hundred wagons). Paul Daly (great exhibition Paul, thanks) came by and removed the empty cartons. He'd earlier bought a couple of the wagons himself.

Down to about twenty "Broken Wheels".

Thanks to all who dropped by and said "Hi" and have made a little investment.

Leslie

2nd run so with new running numbers ;)

Great to chat with you at the show.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

WCR, glad you liked the wee van. The Broken Wheel sold out early yesterday. When Paddy M came, I had to dip into the reserve (Family / people I'd forgotten .....) - but who wouldn't oblige a gentleman who has MADE the Irish hobby?

Down to last half dozen snails.

If there's the demand (Speak up!), another Wheel with a different number will follow. I like the two colour Broken Wheel (which Claire in The Studio at Dapol got so nicely), so I won't need too much persuading.

Also an a Bauxite body / roof version when I dig out the photos.

Hell yes, to both!

Now, about this kidney transfer, I'd feel guilty calling in the debt, so may accept a few packs of SQ sausages in lieu.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:35 PM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Arrived home to a parcel from Leslie, I'm delighted with my two beauties.

IMG_20231101_190317.jpg

IMG_20231101_190326.jpg

Thanks, Denis, seeing this, that's all three parcels safely arrived - posted in Blackrock Post Office last Friday just at closing time. So lay off the nasty comments about An Post for a while!

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 12:35 AM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

I think An Post do a fine job, they have never let me down anyway. 👏

Never let me down either. Postman goes out of his way to deliver stuff for me. Will even make the trek to the garage to find me, if he hears me pottering around out there. Mine arrived Tuesday morning( after Bank Holiday), after being posted Friday.  And the wagons are amazing Leslie. I know I have said it already on here, but you can never say it enough👏

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, derek said:

Never let me down either. Postman goes out of his way to deliver stuff for me. Will even make the trek to the garage to find me, if he hears me pottering around out there. Mine arrived Tuesday morning( after Bank Holiday), after being posted Friday.  And the wagons are amazing Leslie. I know I have said it already on here, but you can never say it enough👏

I just leave the key in the door, if it's a parcel he just leaves it inside 🙂

2 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Hi Dave

VERY unrealistic scene - those wagons NEVER saw a clear blue sky!

Nice pic though.

Glad they've arrived.

Between great sales at Blackrock (thanks everyone), and "spoken for" still to be sent, I'm, down to SIX "Snails" only.

I'll get a rainy one for you some day soon, I'm sure of it!