New Murphy Models 201 Class Locos Likely in 2025

Rate this topic

DJ Dangerous

10 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I will be aiming for a Green one. 

Lined green limited edition with flying snail logo? I'd buy one!

Was it you who said that the pricing was going to be around €250 per loco, or am I confused?

Does anybody here who has Paddy's ear know what the spec will be, regarding decoder access etc?

Will existing 201 decoders work in the new batch? Would seem a bit mad if they didn't, as there'd be a lot of confusion further down the line.

Indeed - https://irishrailwaymodels.com/pages/projects

Just now, DJ Dangerous said:

Was it you who said that the pricing was going to be around €250 per loco, or am I confused?

Does anybody here who has Paddy's ear know what the spec will be, regarding decoder access etc?

Will existing 201 decoders work in the new batch? Would seem a bit mad if they didn't, as there'd be a lot of confusion further down the line.

They and the 071 should be identical to the last batches. 

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'd buy that too DJ!

It will be 80 years since the foundation of CIE on 1st Jan next - wouldn't it be a nice way to celebrate the anniversary by putting out a real-life  201 in a lined green livery with flying snail logo?

Maybe some of the IE employees on here can stick that in the suggestion box next time they're passing the Board Room? 😀

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

I'd buy that too DJ!

It will be 80 years since the foundation of CIE on 1st Jan next - wouldn't it be a nice way to celebrate the anniversary by putting out a real-life  201 in a lined green livery with flying snail logo?

Maybe some of the IE employees on here can stick that in the suggestion box next time they're passing the Board Room? 😀

Once he doesn't confuse people by announcing it on April 1st.

😂😂😂

Any of our resident livery-editing genii who can slap IRM's A42 and A46 liveries onto 201's so we can compare???

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Indeed - https://irishrailwaymodels.com/pages/projects

They and the 071 should be identical to the last batches. 

The only addition to the 141s seems to have been the addition of a speaker with no improvement in the very tedious access to the innards. Some people will feel let down that MM is continuing to use long paid for decades old tooling for in the 141s and seemingly now in other reruns, despite doubling the price point without any demonstrable intent to improve or modernize the model.

I purchased some of the new 141s, but I have many of the original 071s and 201s in hand. I’m gonna be waiting cautiously for the price point on  these, am certainly not going to be selling any of the original stock for ‘new’ 201s.

For anyone who does want one though, I think some photos of the liveries prior to purchasing would be essential especially given the color variations on previous MM coaching stock. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

A silver 201 is a flying snail on the side like A30 with a couple of these mark 3s 👀😍

On fictional liveries, someone (maybe it was on this group?) had one done up in freight grey, looked quite well I thought...

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Niles said:

On fictional liveries, someone (maybe it was on this group?) had one done up in freight grey, looked quite well I thought...

17 minutes ago, Blaine said:

image.png.69681893bf0d0571a8ddff6a23a2a327.png

That’s it! I remember the owner numbered is 213 because that was the one named river not that flowed through foxford and ballina, where he was hoping this livery would by applied to 201s!