Courier survey

Rate this topic

I got an email from ELLIS CLARK trains. This is it. It is an interesting exercise. 

"

Courier Poll

We want to provide the best service we possibly can here at ECT, and a massive part of that service is how your models get to you. We want to know which courier you think we should be using! (Please note we can only use royal mail for smaller items so it will be excluded from the majority of these questions)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Is the IRM product being shipped even in possession of a single courier company from pickup to delivery? This seems possible only if they operate their own road vehicles and planes. Are the products handled by the courier solely when loading and unloading at airports/containerized and secured prior to handling by a third party? 
and what is the situation at customs?🛃 

8 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Trouble is the experience is always regional. 

It can vary over a few miles.

I had a lot of deliveries on the Big Island last month and everything worked exactly as it should.

People I know, literally a mile away in a straight line, moan continuously about some of the services - it may just depend on the actual people who are involved in your provision.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is the survey options 

Which would be your preferred courier of choice?

UPS
DHL
DPD
FedEx
Other

Are their any couriers you feel we should avoid using?

UPS 

DHL 

DPD 

Fed Ex 

No Opinion 

Other

If you have had a model from us before, which courier did it arrive with?

UPS

DHL

DPD

FedEx

Other

Can't Remember

Never Ordered Online

Other

..........................................................................................

Then there is a box for any comments you might have.

Edited by spudfan

Posted (edited)

DPD Ireland are by far the worst by our experience, Frequently leaving deliveries outside, too lazy to ring bell and get a signature, their local drivers routinely sign for deliveries that were left on the public road or out in the rain

Edited by Noel
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Noel said:

DPD Ireland are by far the worst by our experience, Frequently leaving deliveries outside, too lazy to ring bell and get a signature, their local drivers routinely sign for deliveries that were left on the public road or out in the rain

This is common practice on the part of all couriers, Over here they drop parcels on the doorstep and take a photo as proof of delivery.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2024 at 2:18 PM, WRENNEIRE said:

I use An Post tracked, excellent service and haven't had any complaints
except to a certain member here in the Canaries, which is in the EU except for post........😵‍💫

An Post = Absolute Numpties Pooping On Simple Tasks.

Grrrrrrrr...

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 8:04 AM, Noel said:

Has anyone had parcels nicked off their doorstep?

3 hours ago, Horsetan said:

Has anyone had parcels nicked off their doorstep?

Yes, we live down a farm lane and they leave stuff over the wall up on the road entrance. Fortunately inexpensive items. The most annoying thing is rain damage, once discovered a delivery of an expensive electronics appliance that suffered rain damage, they had no signature so after considerable toing and froing our credit card company refunded us and the retailer got the hit, which I presume they subsequently passed on to the courier company. Had they even phoned us we could have had it taken indoors instead of being left out in torrential rain for 12hrs. No amount of cardboard prevents ingress of water to inner contents. Dropping the contents over even a low wall causes quite a percussive shock to parcels. The lazy drivers could phone, text, or just ring the bell, but impatient they drop and run, signing themselves some soft of squiggle.

I think it seems to vary from courier and area (seems to be same in UK looking at Rmweb).  I find our DPD delivery driver good and friendly, and the only courier that gives you a time slot, and my experience has always been within the time frame.  

DHL have been the worst for me.  One time was waiting for a delivery, then early evening got text saying unable to deliver no one in, the lying XXXXXX.  Another occasion, was the DHL delivery driver walked round side of house and left parcel in log shelter, not even tap/knock on the door.  

• Informative 1

No problem with delivery companies
DHL are excellent, same driver on the route most of the time, friendly and efficient
I wish I could say the same for whoever sends out the IRM stuff, still no sign of my order and no tracking details

No shipping info for your order yet.

We're preparing your order for shipment and will update once the carrier confirms.

No update yet
Order Information

Destination- -

Time from Order- -

Order NumberIRM-17286

Tracking NumberAN1003511859

Origin- -

• Angry 1

I would state avoid USPS like the plague, between them loosing packages that were supposed to arrive at my local post office that "disappeared" also you cannot trust them for your bills as they also manage to loose them also. So many bad experiences with them.. DHL and UPS, never an issue with