Murphy Models Mk2's

Rate this topic

Marks Models

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, any news on the 121's???

Not until all the 201s and Mk2 are released and a good number leave the shelves. I''l be getting 2x 230 and 233 for re numbering to 206 and 207 anyways. The Galway standards have yet to be released too.

And due at the end of November, in time for Christmas, will be the next batch of Mkii coaches. Livery will be CIE Supertrain.

That's MK2 "Superstandard" Livery so? No branding on the sides and just the electical flash and running number on the ass end?

I was just thinking there, dunno if this has been touched on before, but would it not have made more sense for Paddy Murphy to release the 201s after the 071s, and possibly even after the 121s? I'm glad it turned out the way it did as I love the 201s, but from a marketing point of view, surely the locos that there hadn't been a model of (like the 121s) would have sold better?

I was just thinking there, dunno if this has been touched on before, but would it not have made more sense for Paddy Murphy to release the 201s after the 071s, and possibly even after the 121s? I'm glad it turned out the way it did as I love the 201s, but from a marketing point of view, surely the locos that there hadn't been a model of (like the 121s) would have sold better?

I agree seeing that lima already brought out the 201s why not the 121s but I also am glad it turned out the way it did because the 201s are very nice

He means why didn't Murphy Models bring out the 121s instead of 201s, seeing as there had already been a 201 model produced by Lima!

I believe is was because of all the bashing the Lima 201 got for lacking in detail, so Murphy said right, I'll show them and so the new 201s came out to silence the nay sayers.

There was also the new liveries coming out on the real 201s at the time and the fact people were paying mad money for Lina ones 2nd hand. 201s were in very large demand at the time. Anyway, if anyone knows the market it's Paddy Murphy. I'm sure 121s will eventually come but it won't be for a good while yet. Nothing can be done about it unless someone has a spare couple hundred grand lying around.

Silver/green intercity, revised orange/black & enterpriseliveries needed to be covered, original mouldings were lost plus there was quite a demand for an updated model to match the 141's. 201's didnt sell well the first time either but it didnt stop them exchanging hands for multiples of their rrp when they were sold out in the shops which took about 5 years in a roaring economy.

I have 3 Limas since when they first came out & have 3 Murphy Model ones, there is no comparison, Paddys ones beat them hands down for authenticity & detail, The Limas have fallen out of favour with me now, I want to sell them to buy another MM 201, was looking at 203 River Corrib but am trying to figure out why that one is dearer than the other 201 models, anyone know??? :confused:

203 and 220 cost more then the other 201s when they came out as production cost in China went up that year. Now though there seems to be more 203s and 210s around than the other 201s.

About the NIR 201s, I hope they get the old style marker lights right on 208 and 209, it would be a nice touch.

On the subject of 203, anyone know what happened the real thing before it got it's yellow face. From looking at photos it got white fillers on it's foot holders at the front and a white radiator grill.

Edited by Railer

203 and 220 cost more then the other 201s when they came out as production cost in China went up that year. Now though there seems to be more 203s and 210s around than the other 201s.

About the NIR 201s, I hope they get the old style marker lights right on 208 and 209, it would be a nice touch.

I would guess they would use the same body shell on the NIR locos as the early IE ones. I hadn't actually noticed the 201s had two styles of marker light. Do the NIR ones have the new type these days?

I would guess they would use the same body shell on the NIR locos as the early IE ones. I hadn't actually noticed the 201s had two styles of marker light. Do the NIR ones have the new type these days?

All 201s got new LED marker lights from around 1997-1999 at the same time the mods for moving the MU sockets was performed. All 34 locos got the new lights and 32 got the socket mod.

Rebelled, here's a link to the ehattons MM locos. 203 is actually cheaper than most of their 201s, so this might be a good place for you to get one perhaps

http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1000501/1000588/1000635/0/Murphy_Models_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Diesel_locos/prodlist.aspx

Thanks for the link i got a PM off someone who's gonna sort me out & im buying Irish!! :-bd

On the subject of 203, anyone know what happened the real thing before it got it's yellow face. From looking at photos it got white fillers on it's foot holders at the front and a white radiator grill.

She carried the filler pieces undercoated and both the grilles on each side were in undercoat for a while before she was repainted in the newer orange livery. I think it would make a nice project on the model. Although you would be restricting the model to a small time period.

Rich,