Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

Looks great Stephen, it's your layout and you run what you like. They are damn fine models Dapol are really moving forward as a contender for the No 1 slot in the UK. Not quite there but not far off. Good luck with the wiring.

Rich,

I'm drooling over the new Western Rich, I'm trying desperately to see if I can arrange funds for a Maroon one. If not this run then certainly the next one...

I'm drooling over the new Western Rich, I'm trying desperately to see if I can arrange funds for a Maroon one. If not this run then certainly the next one...

Fran I've had a good look at the photos Andy Y posted on RMweb. I remember your comment on the springs on the bogies a while back and I agree Dapol should have molded them instead of using springs, as they look a bit distorted. Otherwise it is an equal to the Hornby class 60 if not better. I might even invest in a blue one as they are an iconic loco.

Rich,

With all the loco and passenger rolling stock that we have been treated to in rtr It would be a nice surprise if we got a cement bubble in rtr. Rtr freight is a huge hole within the hobby. The chassis could be utilized for a number of other wagons. I've scratch built a number of different wagons in the past and built kit's but it would be a great buzz if MM were to do a run of wagons. Some of the UK rtr manufacturers have released wagons that were in the Parkside or Cambrian range for years so who knows.

Rich,

Rich, fully agree. why there isn't a 20' flat is beyond me. I'm sure a run of 504 of them would sell, as an unpainted chassis only.

Stephen, i'd like to see that sulzer come out of its cabinet, and or even a black n tan 141, pulling a mixed rake of passenger, goods, some oils, and all in back n white! When's the grand opening anticipated, i assume we're all invited and it's BYOB? :tumbsup:Richie.

I'd love some 20's - I even priced having Dapol make a run - let's just say you would have needed to sell then for 30+ each to break even!

off topic but was that including the CAD/CAM work also ( cos i could do that for nought.) With all the biomedical and pharma companies here, you'd think the guys who make their high end disposables and packaging could squirt out a bit of plastic for a fiver.... shocking really.

It would be nice to see a stand alone wagon with the right brake gear, w irons, axle boxes and j hangers. If they were sold in three packs it might make more sense financially. Take the cost of an MIR two axle wagon, factor in the cost of having someone building it and it would probably be more expensive. The last lot of bubbles produced by MIR were expensive enough for just a kit.

Rich,

IMG_4692.jpg

Have had my head under the boards of late !

Installed the above DPDT switch, so the prog track / running shed siding is now live and working, and finished the entire loop! (have a tad more work to do on the inner loop on the bridge!)

Uploading a youtube video at the moment with some highlights from a quick loop!

Dunno about the editing :) Was a quick job :) Will have a play with the software and work up a 'standard' format for videos :)

Hopefully will get a little time to finish the bridge wiring and then clean down the layout :)

So far, means the mainline loop, the main terminus, yards are all down and wired, bar the engine shed tracks.

Next phases then are Blackrock Road depot and station and 'Cement' Branch, as well as the helix and fiddle yard!