Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

It’s great to see something different and your neglected backstreet scene is just that and looks the part. Seeing what’s around you and depicting it on your layout gives that sense of realism and brings it to life. Well done Stephen. Like your security fencing, who is your supplier?

PS Good to see you back in operation.

It's funny. That type of thing looks horrible in real life - an eyesore we could all do without. But like a heavily weathered, graffiti'ed locomotive, it looks absolutely first class on a model! It's so true to life (unfortunately).

You could add a few knackers hanging about a street corner, one with a dirty sleeping bag wrapped round him, dealing drugs to each other! (Boardwalk style!)..... Or the paper cup brigade....!! :-)

With great intentions last night of having an hour or two to tidy, I ended up just having a play :)

I like the Schenker and Freightliner model's in the background Stephen. I have a soft spot for the class 66's in the Freightliner livery. I wish I could say the same for the new livery on the class 70's.

Rich,

I must admit the same weakness Rich, I've a small stash of freightliner 66's (and some 70s and a 57!). It's nice to have a bit of modern colour :)

I've a weakness for intermodal stuff, so have boxes of pockets, dapol FEA-Bs, bachmann intermodals, etc, on top of the irish 40 and 46'ers!

With a bit more time, and baseboard Dave finally back to build the helix and fiddle yard under the terminus board, I hope to have enough space to have Irish and UK stock share the layout.

Paint or backscene Bos? It looks well all sky and summery. You'll need a bridge, A canal, and youngfla's in aldi wetsuits diving off the bridge to make it authentic.- it's not all grim here in the North Inne...uhm... take you on a tour next time your over? :P

It's a gaugemaster 'sky' backscene - and quite nice / subtle it is too... I plan to wallpaper this section to the roof, which will give some backscene height for your terminus over roof ;) ;)

The layouts set on a late summer afternoon I think ( :) ) so lots of green and blue sky, very atypically Irish, but sure tis my mini world :)

I like the Schenker and Freightliner model's in the background Stephen. I have a soft spot for the class 66's in the Freightliner livery. I wish I could say the same for the new livery on the class 70's.

Rich,

Get ready to see a UK 66 in the newer Class 70 Freightliner livery in the next week or so. A couple have been so treated in Poland... http://www.kw.rail.pl/data/media/227/DSC_2805.jpg

Get ready to see a UK 66 in the newer Class 70 Freightliner livery in the next week or so. A couple have been so treated in Poland... http://www.kw.rail.pl/data/media/227/DSC_2805.jpg

I have to quote Graham Taylor on this Fran, do I not like that. I'd like to see one in Freightliner triple grey with P&O Nedloyd Atlas name plates. I reckon it would look sweet.

Rich,

I have to quote Graham Taylor on this Fran, do I not like that. I'd like to see one in Freightliner triple grey with P&O Nedloyd Atlas name plates. I reckon it would look sweet.

Rich,

Have to say I kinda like it. The 70s look super when dirtied up too, but it's not the best of liveries out there. It looks mental on the 90s.

My FL 66 bears that very name. They would've looked great in triple grey, mind you every loco that ever got that livery did. Best livery ever, along with Intercity. A golden time and probably my favourite of all with BR transitional a close second...

I must admit the same weakness Rich, I've a small stash of freightliner 66's (and some 70s and a 57!). It's nice to have a bit of modern colour :)

I've a weakness for intermodal stuff, so have boxes of pockets, dapol FEA-Bs, bachmann intermodals, etc, on top of the irish 40 and 46'ers!

With a bit more time, and baseboard Dave finally back to build the helix and fiddle yard under the terminus board, I hope to have enough space to have Irish and UK stock share the layout.

I love the Intermodal scene myself Stephen. There certainly is a lot of choice in modelling the current UK Intermodal scene. Dapol, Bachmann, Hornby, and Real Track - C Rail Intermodal. I like the idea of running the different prototypes on the layout as the UK models won't be left as eye candy. Imagine there is an Irish Sea tunnel like the Channel tunnel, and Freightliner have a contract here. It's imaginative and could be real fun. European prototype modellers are extremely lucky insofar as they can run trains from different countries and it follows prototype practice.

I love the Freightliner 57's especially with the different roof arrangement to the rest of the 57's. They remind me of the Metrovicks when they received GM engines also. I've seen a few Schenker vans in Waterford and Cork over the last year and lot's of Stobart trucks so who knows what we might see in the future. Keep us informed and no slacking playing trains.

Rich,

Have to say I kinda like it. The 70s look super when dirtied up too, but it's not the best of liveries out there. It looks mental on the 90s.

My FL 66 bears that very name. They would've looked great in triple grey, mind you every loco that ever got that livery did. Best livery ever, along with Intercity. A golden time and probably my favourite of all with BR transitional a close second...

I have it myself Fran. I think a 47 in triple grey also carried the plates also. I have a pic of it in Derby. My father was working in Waterford Crystal years ago and he bumped into a guy (African) outside K1 cutting shop. The guy asked the old man if he could speak to his boss Ned Lloyd. The old mas told him there was no Ned Lloyd working in Management. The guy said his name is outside, the old man said this is Waterford Crystal, the guy said no I want to see Ned Lloyd your boss. The old man asked him was he taking the p***, the guy said to him come look. they went out into the transport area and all the containers were P&O Ned Lloyd. The old man rubbed his chin and said I have you now, and sent him into the floor manager a real cranky chap, I would have loved to have seen it.

Rich,

Kinvara Train of this parish has some wonderful backsceen stuff' date=' taken from authentic pictures and printed onto tough card, maybe give him a shout?[/quote']

I bought some of the back scenes off Walter at the Wexford exhibition and its top quality stuff and comes in various lengths and heights and is made by Faller,

I've yet to put it into place,I need to get rid of the old back scene which is worn now and faded.

As Wrenn said no harm to give him a shout.