Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

I've a good few motors left to install and wire before the computer has anything to control :)

But the idea is that routes and timetables can be set, the DMUs can be shuttled back and forth to the branches while I can play trains, shunting 'intercity' trains together, preparing freight, releasing engines in the terminus roads, etc :)

It's amazing how simple driving a large layout can become when you have a computer figuring out all the routes!

Have a lot of work to do before i get to that stage though!

In other news, the postman dropped in a nice 3 foot tall backscene this morning...

• 4 weeks later...

Making treaclish progress at the moment, due to a nasty combination of work and home being incredibly busy!

I've fitted the overhead LED strip lighting around most of the roof now, a little bit of wiring to be done yet, and the diffusers to be fitted back on, some photos anon.

I've experimented a little with some tarmac/concrete/hardstanding in the yard... here's a quick snap from earlier...

Hope to get back to more regular updates soon!

2013-11-12 14.04.45.png

Looks good Stephen. The tarmac is very effective. The fact that the scenic work is being tackled now must be a great incentive to push on, time permitting of course. Richie is definitely the man to go to for anything railway architectural. That water tower looks sweet.

Rich,

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of shots on the LEDs that might be of use:

First up, the driver end, running a specific LED Driver, at 10Amps, 12 Volts, power comes to the Driver via an IR controlled socket. Plan is I can toggle the layout lighting on and off via the remote, and have the 'on layout' / scenic lighting on another socket.

Lighting-power.jpg

A view of the strip, which is mounted in a 45 degree 'profile' (basically an aluminium trunk with a diffuser strip running along in front of the LEDs

led-strip-overview.jpg

And the resulting Lighting level at layout level

resulting-light-levels.jpg

As the layout is pretty low, it's comfortably within my reach. Only this corner and the two 'peninsula' branches are this wide.

There are sections of the loop that are 1 foot wide (mainly at the top and bottom of the loop)

The trade off tho, is that in this yard, I have 6 storage sidings, 2 per way sidings, a 3 road shed and a fueling siding all running parallel to the double track mainline.

it's a little crowded, but then the idea is to get a busy yard feel...

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10507[/ATTACH]

Got into the attic for an hour last night, so managed to lay the freight yard, some concrete on the per-way shed and decided to rip up the running shed, am thinking this will be a small DMU servicing area instead!

Edited by BosKonay