Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

Cheers lads, and Dive that model/photo is from a prototype that's close to going into the bin. The IRRS furnished me with photos as best they could and it transpired that the ground floor windows were more arched and there were windows to the rear to control the Newcommen Curve section - total redesign.

As I say, the early version is close to going into the bin, but if anyone wants to take if off my hands, they are welcome to it. Collection only mind.

Edit - Dive is the lucky new owner of Amiens Street Signal Box :P

Edited by Glenderg

Quick off the mark Dive! Well done :)

She's a beauty :)

Pure Luck!

Usually I'm still at work when you are all posting and everything in the For Sale is already gone! Unlike John Mayner, whose about 19 hours ahead of me where it's already Sunday in NZ. So, basically, he can buy anything on the site before it's even posted!:ROFL:

Very nice work though:-bd

Thanks, Richie!

Edited by DiveController

• 3 weeks later...

Am getting the backscenes finished (the viaduct curve still needs a little smoothing, the backscene sheets got squished in the post so were nicely wrinked, tried ironing them before mounting, with not much success.. might try steaming them a little :)

You made the right choice with the background Stephen. Anything other than sky would detract from the magnificent viaduct and the rolling stock crossing it. Stick a few pics of the Enterprise set on it if you have time. I think it would make a nice avatar.

Rich,

Continuing the theme of progress on the layout, no matter how small, I tweaked a little Bachmann 'Kiosk' with lighting, some signage and a CCTV monitor. It will be the security hut on the gate of the as yet un-named cement works...

IMG_1069 - Version 2.jpg

Just need to find a suitably disinterested looking lad in a hi-vis now :)

I've been working on the little terminus station and cement works on the viaduct branch (literally have it in bits beside my as I 'work' the day job :) )

It's almost done... have some lighting to install, wiring to hide and a few details to add to the interior, and I'll do a proper 'catch up' and maybe even try to run something!

• 2 weeks later...