What did y'all get?

Rate this topic

UP6936

Railer, are you going to get a MM grey 071 or a repaint?

Going to get a MM grey one then get someone to file off the grab irons and touch up the marks left behind and add the infamous orange wiper. I'm trying to over look them but I just can't, shame they were left on the production models.

Fitting a 071/111 with a decoder is easy.

First remove the body screws 4off, that you will find below the bogies in sunken holes.

Gently remove the main body by grabbing the model by the fuel tank and body and just gently wiggle and the body comes off.

You will see the 21 pin plug, pull out and insert decoder and carry out the reverse procedure.

10 minutes and you should be done.

Check the instructions in the box.

I am just after doing 8113 from Santa!!

Going to get a MM grey one then get someone to file off the grab irons and touch up the marks left behind and add the infamous orange wiper. I'm trying to over look them but I just can't, shame they were left on the production models.

Has anyone done this already? I would like to see how it turned out, as I plan to do similar.... Also, does anyone know what shade of grey and yellow are a good match to the colours on the MM one, for touching up afterwards?