Ballykay

Rate this topic

I love the colouring of the Irish countryside - a real, wet summer's day.

It's not exactly a major station but I remember getting out of a mk 2d set at Castlebar before the platforms were extended. Coaches 1, 2 and 3, the station; coaches 4 to 7, the airport. The guard announced that we had to move forward, but I still got off onto the ballast. I think Westport was similar. I used to use Galway station every week in the late 90s and I think that overhang is spot on. It would count as a SPAD anywhere else.

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

It takes 4m/12' of track, is 1m/ 3' long and 30cm/12" wide. It can hold 12 x 201's, 16 x 071's or 20 x 141/181's. Its the Beast of Ballykay. A big thank you to Glenderg for building this monster shed for me :tumbsup:

kkjjkl.jpg

023.jpg

021.jpg

016.jpg

kkjjkl.jpg

023.jpg

021.jpg

016.jpg

Edited by Anthony

Lads, thanks for all the kind words, it was one hell of a build, though I'm a bit spooked about the shallow clearance with the 121. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing her in the flesh with her second layer of weathering =)) The gutters, downpipes and mushroom ventilators will be winging their way north in the morning to complete the build.

Richie.

Guest hidden-agenda
Anto, that's the business. Even the sound when it's turning is great!

Its not really, i cant hear the swearing from the poor guy having to turn that beast around.=))

Thanks weshty (and I just wanted to start small and do signal boxes...:((:(( ) The old steam shed in Inchicore would be a real cracker all right though I could imagine Domestic Authorities denying Permission on the grounds of over development!:ROFL: [8 roads in? about 800mm wide? The front would make a nice entrance/backdrop to a fiddle yard though....:P