Belmond Mk3s ready for delivery.

Rate this topic

Fantastic shots! They do look beautiful in that livery!

Yes thanks for those super interesting pics.

The coaches do look great, but they seem to be just crying out for some delicate understated lining to give them a slightly more sophisticated look (e.g. gold, or yellow).

Wonder why they are being transported to Dublin by road instead of by rail, unless they are not yet certified for operations.

Aye I'm thinking they look a wee bit plain too tbh! Wonder when they'll get their first test run?

It will have to be soon, the services is due to start in 6 weeks or so, the other 9 Mk3s are to be delivered to Northwall over the next 3 weeks. Irish Rail will test and commission the Mk3s on behalf of Belmond. As part of the tests 216 has to run north of the boarder to test the TPWS and NIR radio systems. Then the Mk3s have to be cleared to Portrush. Exciting times ahead.

I don't think the staff are recruited yet - make sure the 'Business name' is Belmond Grand Hibernian, and a list for the following comes up:

Steward/Stewardess

Housekeeping Supervisor

Travelling Technican

Food and Beverage Supervisor

https://www.belmondcareers.com/career_list.asp

Although interviews were supposed to be mid-May and contracts for June 2016-October 2016. So they may have been filled, but would of expected the jobs to have gone from the website!

If you look at the bottom picture you can see that they are not, the standard windows are far too long compared to the vertical edges of the large square windows. On the top picture they look similar in size due to the angle of the shot and lighting.

True, one at each end might have been the way to go on such an elite service

The requirement of an EGV being the problem. HEP mode is now isolated on all 201s and some even have the HEP connections removed and plated over like 216.

I almost feel like a heretic but the colour scheme seems rather dull and perhaps even less attractive when scaled down to model size.

I reckon it will look similar to a Hornby BREL Mk4 in the GNER Mallard livery but the light grey roofs should help some what.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HORNBY-R4001-1-76-00-SCALE-GNER-Mk4-First-Class-Coach-/112015300793?hash=item1a14a1d8b9:g:D00AAOSwhOBXUEeb

Cheers for the number mk1c.

The requirement of an EGV being the problem. HEP mode is now isolated on all 201s and some even have the HEP connections removed and plated over like 216.

image-2130961434.jpg

As Railer has said-216 has the HEP sockets plated over-but can still operate in P:Pull mode with the Mk4s

I found it odd that 216 had them removed but all the Enterprise locos and the recently released to traffic 231 and 233 still have them intact after overhaul. I believe 216 is due to receive the Enterprise mods at a later date so it can work the Enterprise if needs be off season as it will have all the other required systems for working on the NIR network as it is.