A closer look at our A Classes!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

3 minutes ago, Midland Man said:

Looks stunning

is it owned by Malahide ,privately owned or just an example from IRM. Even without coaches it looks amazing. They should get a A in orange pulling some mk 2s.

MM

It's an IRM example, MM. Yes, it looks stunning, and believe you me, when you see the REAL thing, you will realise that my pictures above don't come close to doing it justice! It is truly a masterpiece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hexagon789 said:

@jhb171achill can I ask what that layout is? Nothing short of spectacular in the scenics department.

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

It's the Malahide Model Railway!

Opening at the end of the month, hopefully. Scenery by "Baseboard" Dave, of this department.......

Did he take an actual plaster-cast of the sea? 😮

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

25 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Did he take an actual plaster-cast of the sea? 😮

We had a photo shoot there today for the new brochure. Any brochure for any visitor attraction has to have a few obligatory children in it!

Thus, myself, "Baseboard" Dave, and some of the staff and their friends of Shannon Heritage and Fingal Council all got together, having "rounded up" a "rent-a-mob" of people to comprise "members of the public" viewing certain scenes. My friend and colleague Tricia had her two daughters to appear in some of the pics. One of these young ladies, aged 12, said "I can almost see fish in that sea"!

(Dave, you need to come back and install moving fish.....)

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

Just now, WRENNEIRE said:

Was it not a different modelling crowd that did the scenery?

I think model rail baseboards did the Bords + Bray head. A different company did the rest of the scenery. The reason they built  it that way was probally so to get the model finished faster. The model (baseboards )was brought into Malahide in October and the museum opened in January which is an achievement in itself. 

Edited by Midland Man

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...