ROTEM Livery Mistake

Rate this topic

Glenderg

Guest hidden-agenda
dont forget the steamers.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2409[/ATTACH]

a jinty supertrain! excuse the paintjob, the masking was done using household tape ...having none of the good stuff - you have to improvise!!:rolleyes:

Thats nice Seamus.

• 1 year later...

WOW! Looks excellent! (The ICR that is!)

For many years nobody believed me when I said I saw an old half cab double decker at Heuston Station about 1978 in the desert sand livery. Apparently it was the only one thus painted and when the depot foreman (presumably Conyngham Road) saw it he ordered that it go back to navy and cream. But a few years ago a real photo of it turned up..... It was only that way 2 weeks.

So, I would say to anyone adept with Photoshop, is it true that a 201, a Mk 4 set, a 2800, a DD set and an NIR CAF were seen in CIE lined snailed green for a number of minutes on April 1st?

A packet of rich teas awaits the first photoshopper....

An ICR in CIÉ green would be nice... like the 'proper' AEC railcars. :)

'And henceforth the Irish Railway Modeller community began their lobbying of IE to engage in a heritage repaint programme of their otherwise dull trains into interesting paint schemes of the past similar to Norfolk Southern...'

Or something.

Jhb, this might sound silly, but is the tan on the RPSI babys actually CIE tan? Because I have been around 142 a number of times at whitehead and to my untrained eye the 'tan' looks like the last Irish rail orange? Im probably wrong, having obviously never seen the babys back in the sixties and seventies, but just curious?

It's as good as, UP. Both 141 and 142 look right according to my memory, and photos. If anything it's extremely marginally bright, but this colour did actually deaden down a bit when in traffic.

I would have thought that when the brighter orange started appearing on Mk 3s, it looked even brighter when new.

If you are modelling a 141 in black n tan, it's close enough. The bought models need weathering - but anything new looking needs weathering to look totally realistic.

It is, UP. Suits them perfectly, and back when you'd see a yard full of them it looked even better. It was a corporate livery way ahead of its time.

I remember the first time I saw it. I was in Kildare (I think) signal cabin with Senior, who was talking to the signalman. I think it must have been about 1963. A train went through with all green coaches except the very last one.

Senior: "Is that the new carriage livery?"

Signalman: "Yeah.... Ye'd think we'd had enough of the oul black n tans by now...."

'And henceforth the Irish Railway Modeller community began their lobbying of IE to engage in a heritage repaint programme of their otherwise dull trains into interesting paint schemes of the past similar to Norfolk Southern...'

=)) You forgot the bit beforehand "After much battering, unsuccessfully, at the door of P. Murphy for a 121, another fortress was sought to assault."

A packet of rich teas awaits the first photoshopper....

You'll have to up it to at least jaffa cakes before I even consider it. Rich Tea indeed... Richie.

I like the 121s as much as the next man, but honestly I would say the 071s are more popular, especially as they are still out and about.

On the subject of liveries, I think it would be amazing if IE did a few 201s up in past liveries as a ' Heritage Fleet' a la NS. I have it in my mind that they would look good in black and tan, or maybe all over green with white line, or even original 121 livery

On the subject of liveries, I think it would be amazing if IE did a few 201s up in past liveries as a ' Heritage Fleet' a la NS. I have it in my mind that they would look good in black and tan, or maybe all over green with white line, or even original 121 livery

it was stated on the site before that a 201 respray is around 10 thousand euro - so i cant ever see it happen.

It did indeed. I think the first time I saw it on a loco was in Westland Row (Pearse) on a newly painted loco. Memory suggests it was a 121, but they were grey at the time I'm talking about, so it was probably an "A". I am nearly sure it was a Rosslare train rather than a local. "A" class locos got full Black and Tan initially, but were later painted all black, similar to A39 at Downpatrick, but with CIE roundel where the number on the side if it now is.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is anyone listening from IE??? This representation looks fantastic and quality versus the existing, life less tones! Well done on artwork!!

They are NOT listening, of course. Now if you were to come up with a hair-brained livery and charge a LOT of money (more is better), then you'd be in with a chance:rolleyes:

I suggest tartan. And I require €134,887.09 for my idea, to be paid by IE in the morning to my special account in Bertie's bank.

OK?

Schoolboy, error there, John. Only six digits in the price, they'll never go for it

The Tara tartan might suit

Tara Tartan.jpg

Although I think I might be able to sell this scheme more easily

taratanred.jpg

Edited by DiveController
  • Funny 1

• 8 years later...
On 23/8/2012 at 8:00 AM, Broithe said:

I think it's an improvement - though, they might think about having the doors in a contrasting colour. =D

That would never catch on.............

On 23/8/2012 at 3:51 AM, Glenderg said:

Fresh off the boat.

Plastic comes off.

Wrong livery.

Or

Vandalism at the North Wall.

Situation unclear.

Gardai not investigating.

More info later.

Thanks to The Wanderer for kind use of his pics. Richie.

Only a few months now lads til 01st April:banana:

Orange03.jpg

Orange02.jpg

Orange03.jpg

Orange02.jpg

Actually looks fantastic!

2 hours ago, Mike Beckett said:

Jebus JB, this thread is so old most of the original posters are dead now! You been on the harpic again!!

Believe it or not, I’m only seeing it now!

I prefer posts from the 1950s, as they were written aboard six-wheelers on the Ballinrobe branch…..

• Funny 1