Container ships

Rate this topic

heirflick

Lads, just want to run this up the flag pole to see if anyone will salute it....container ships in oo/ho scale. Anyone know is there any kits or ready built small container ships to be got out there?  There is very little on the internet. Not looking for the deep sea ships, which would end up being over 8feet in length if to scale - ships like those used by Arklow shippiong would do nicely - ant thoughts?  Thanks 

This is probably the smallest size of craft you could get away with. It would still scale out at over 2 feet in length.

Link to a a view of the loaded ship; personally I wouldn't want my goods on it! If there is a problem getting certain models from China due to the usual Christmas glut or weather problems I hope its

not an alternative!😨

ERnie

https://www.geograph.ie/photo/5491471

963729685_Ramsey31July16S1450033.thumb.JPG.80d65938a0b4397abadd7b64fe896402.JPG

Edited by Irishswissernie
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, PorkyP said:

Now if you could combine that Silver River fella with the IOM narra gauge steam railway , in some 'what if ?' fantasy layout..! 😉

PP

There was a plan to build a port in the West near Achill back in the steam days, but the ship would have to have big steam paddles on the sides and the containers made of wood😀

Eoin

Edited by murrayec
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, murrayec said:

PP

There was a plan to build a port in the West near Achill back in the steam days, but the ship would have to have big steam paddles on the sides and the containers made of wood😀

Eoin

...With 6 million sides of ol' blind horses hides, in the hold of the Irish Rover..! 😁

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, PorkyP said:

Now if you could combine that Silver River fella with the IOM narra gauge steam railway , in some 'what if ?' fantasy layout..! 😉

Pre-1926 the ex Manx Northern Railways Harbour tramway had a couple of sidings on the quay behind the ship. The sidings on the quay where I took the photo from were last used in 1948 for the import of rails and loco coal and lifted in 1955.

Ernie

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...