Two Questions.

Rate this topic

Mike 84C

34 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Somebody said there is a 3d printed model of No 90, I trawled 48 pages of Shapeways but maybe missed it? Or is on another printers site?

Also somebody posted which Kaydee's they used on the MM 121, which are they please?

Thanks for any pointers.

The no. 90 3D print is the work of Mark Dunlea in the Railway Modellers Ireland group on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1111393745593442 ). Of what I am aware he is printing it out himself so for people so don't think it is available on shapeways etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

On 1/11/2020 at 6:45 PM, Liam_Murph said:

The no. 90 3D print is the work of Mark Dunlea in the Railway Modellers Ireland group on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1111393745593442 ). Of what I am aware he is printing it out himself so for people so don't think it is available on shapeways etc.

These are a few photos from the cork blackrock and passage railway facebook group, these are the two models mark dunlea has produced thus far, they will cost 80 euro for the shell whenever he decides to start selling it. 

Image may contain: outdoorNo photo description available.

• Like 5

I would recommend checking whether the loco is designed to fit a Terrier chassis before buying.

The full sized locos were slightly smaller than the Brighton locos shorter in overall length, smaller wheels and shorter coupled wheelbase.

Its possible the 3D printed model was designed to fit the Hornby chassis as building a chassis for the loco in 4mm would have been challenging due to the small size of the loco and absence of suitable wheels.

Tim Cramer built a 4mm 21mm gauge model of No90 in lined green which featured in the Railway Modeller along with a "Bandon Tank" & J26 in the early 1970s (possibly May 72) but later moved up to O Gauge.

1 hour ago, Galteemore said:

Its not a P class as the wheels are much different to the ones seen in the number 90 model, although if you wanted to you deffinttly could use a p class chassis although a terrier would be much cheaper. i just looked at the terrier chassis and the wheels seem to be the same.

image.jpeg.06e1b838d995bdecf4040015fea22a9c.jpegimage.jpeg.34f12c7ea633a8b4e6d5e657b6ce5163.jpeg

Just compared my No90 with a terrier . wheelbase for the terrier is bigger as is the overall length however the the cab and tanks are roughly the same size and obviously 90 is much wider so perhaps a Hornby chassis would fit(My terrier is a Ks /Branchlines hybrid).Still to be honest 90s chassis is an easy one to scratchbuild.Which reminds me i need to finish 100 where would Courtmachserry be without them.Andy.

• Informative 2

• 2 months later...