Brace yourselves! - CIE Dapol Coaches

Rate this topic

Broithe

Interesting! Do we get our hopes up now for something major only to be disappointed or do we go down the road of cautious optimism? Maybe Marks can give us a clue?

Could be a fun game! ;)

Well here is your first clue, For Irish Model Railway enthusiasts :-bd now start guessing. :trains:

My guess an exclusive 071

Well here it is lads,

It is from Dapol but it is a 1950,s period coach, and before anybody says anything, It is not an authentic model but merely a representation.

Only 200 pieces produced (176 Pristine and 24 weathered )

http://www.marksmodels.com/?pid=17293

http://www.marksmodels.com/?pid=17294

We are also selling some of the MRSI Anniversay wagons on behalf of the Club

http://www.marksmodels.com/?pid=17295

The coaches should be in all the shops by Saturday.

Nobody guessed it would be this !!

The weathered one looks ridiculous and wont fit into the pristine bachmann rakes that most have. But the pristine one will shift by the ton. As far as the MRSI wagon is concerned, everyone here should be a member and have one automatically.

I've said too much already!

R.

The weathered one looks ridiculous and wont fit into the pristine bachmann rakes that most have. But the pristine one will shift by the ton. As far as the MRSI wagon is concerned, everyone here should be a member and have one automatically.

I've said too much already!

R.

Dapol's generic factory weathering is woeful. Their Kernow special editions are done by a private company who sends examples of his work to the Chinese factories who then replicate it. It's a million times better.

Fair play Marks, might pick up a few of the pristine ones, although I have nothing to haul them as yet...

Solder join I must complete....

Wonder how that project is coming along?

We've settled on "Scraatch, Bilders & Sons" as a name to reserve a spot in pubs. All very victorian!

Some are happy scratchin themselves, (wrenn) some are happy bildin stuff (us) and others are happy hurl from the ditch (anyone else in Dublin who fancies a meet up) might stick this in another thread. R.

in advance of JHB coming on, they are all frauds. 57' is a fraud, the layout is a fraud, and the green colour is a fraud. But. We all have a few, they look good, are approximately correct, and unless you eat sleep and drink Des Coackams Publications or the GSWR Carraige Book (about a foot thick), no excitement should arise. Unless its a 4 wheeled thomas the tank engine number masquerading as MGWR, now that's wrong......

R.

I missed the boat with the bachmann ones and only have three, so they ll be handy to add a few coaches to my rake.

Tom,

If you can get your hands on a few of these coaches and do a respray, you are in business. They are the same as the ones you have.

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/model-railways/oo-gauge-4mm/coaching-stock/lms/bachmann-34-251d-57ft-corridor-composite-1st-and-3rd-lms-crimson.htm

Ha! JHB has remained quiet thus far.... My tuppence worth would be that Marks Models were quite upfront in saying it isn't meant to be an accurate model of anything. The price is cheap too.

It looks the part, apart from the way-too-wide light green band below window level. On the most meticulous of layouts, there's usually a British Railways repaint of at least something, and not all layout builders crave absolute accuracy. So, as far I as I would be concerned, as long as a manufacturer comes up with something which he accurately describes, then fair play to him.

So, it's thumbs up from me! I fully support the small band of folk who strive to produce anything Irish for the market - be it accurate, or a representation.

Those coaches look really well, good on marks models for comissioning them. Might get a small rake and run them behind my old Silver Seal hornby black five. Not prototypical obviously but hey, a large helping of modellers license never hurt anyone

• 4 months later...