Jump to content
Warbonnet

IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I have a further update on the cement bubbles for this weekend which consists of bad news and good news.

Firstly, the good news. Our first small shipment of bubbles are currently in transit and are making their way to us. (YAY!!!)

The bad news is that they were detained by Chinese customs for inspection and missed their scheduled flight, putting everything back 24 hours. As it stands, they are due to land in Dublin on Saturday. 

So, what does this mean? Well, thanks to the sheer dedication and hard work of IWT (for which we will be forever grateful, they are a joy to use) the small consignment of A and B packs will be sent direct to Blackrock. This will on Saturday afternoon, so we will not have any bubbles available for collection until 3:30pm on Saturday at our stand

We apologise for this if you were hoping to collect before then, but sadly it was completely beyond our control. 

Remember, if you wish to collect your pack A and B at the show, please let us know at info@irishrailwaymodels.com before 6pm today (Thursday) so we can prepare them for you. Thank you for your patience! 

Thanks!

Fran (on behalf of the IRM team)

  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I thought I had trouble getting stuff from the Isle of Wight (60 miles away from me)!

The Irish customs didn't even look at us as we steamed off the ferry this morning with a few hundred wagons in the back!

They'll be Stand 14 at 11am on Saturday morning.

Leslie

PS Seriously, though, I'm looking froward to seeing the Bubbles - when will the ORANGE ones be ready?

 

Edited by leslie10646

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

 

PS Seriously, though, I'm looking froward to seeing the Bubbles - when will the ORANGE ones be ready?

 

Good things come to those who wait, Leslie! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's really good of IWT to push to the limits to get the models to Blackrock. You don't hear this kind of news much which is why IWT deserve huge credit for doing this. I hope everyone collecting at the show knows about it too.

Rich,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RedRich said:

That's really good of IWT to push to the limits to get the models to Blackrock. You don't hear this kind of news much which is why IWT deserve huge credit for doing this. I hope everyone collecting at the show knows about it too.

Rich,

I assume you mean IRM in the above statement? Unless the lads have diverted the IWT container train to Blackrock for a truely stunning entrance on Saturday afternoon?! To reiterate Rich's sentiments, well done to all involved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave182 said:

I assume you mean IRM in the above statement? Unless the lads have diverted the IWT container train to Blackrock for a truely stunning entrance on Saturday afternoon?! To reiterate Rich's sentiments, well done to all involved!

Not the container train, unfortunately, but IWT are going above and beyond the line of duty to ensure the bubbles clear customs and are delivered directly to Blackrock tomorrow afternoon, so they deserve kudos for that.

The shipment is due to land in Dublin around midday, and we'll have Flight Radar 24 on a laptop at the stand in the morning to keep track of its progress. :)

Thanks to the SDMRC, we will have a back room set up where a quality control team will be on hand to give each pack the once-over. They'll then be forwarded to the stand in batches so we can keep a steady supply for customers from approximately 3.30pm onwards.

The adrenaline is already coursing through the veins here at IRM Towers. There won't be much sleep this weekend, but it's nothing a strong cuppa and a steady supply of sandwiches won't sort out...

 

Patrick

  • Like 4
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dave182 said:

I assume you mean IRM in the above statement? Unless the lads have diverted the IWT container train to Blackrock for a truely stunning entrance on Saturday afternoon?! To reiterate Rich's sentiments, well done to all involved!

Did you read Fran's original post Dave. He was talking about IWT getting the shipment cleared with customs and making sure the delivery would arrive on Saturday afternoon and I said they deserved huge credit for doing that in going the extra mile for their customer. I didn't mention trains.

Rich,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw your post now Pat thanks for clarifying that and the best of luck on Saturday looking forward in getting mine in November.

Rich,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super job guys! Really well done and good luck with the show. See ye all tomorrow. PS - no pressure from me for my order - happy to wait! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedRich said:

Did you read Fran's original post Dave. He was talking about IWT getting the shipment cleared with customs and making sure the delivery would arrive on Saturday afternoon and I said they deserved huge credit for doing that in going the extra mile for their customer. I didn't mention trains.

Rich,

Sorry Rich! Still getting my head around this new site layout. Thats outstanding, and I apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion there. Well done to IWT! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to be there in person to deliver to IRM tomorrow:D.. on this one I have a personal interest in having an on time delivery 

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave182 said:

Sorry Rich! Still getting my head around this new site layout. Thats outstanding, and I apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion there. Well done to IWT! 

No problem Dave a misunderstanding that's all.

Rich,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bubbles are on board the aircraft, which is scheduled to depart Dubai International Airport in the next few minutes. Wheels down in Dublin at 12.05.

Edited: En route now! :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garfield said:

The bubbles are on board the aircraft, which is scheduled to depart Dubai International Airport in the next few minutes. Wheels down in Dublin at 12.05.

Edited: En route now! :)

At the time of writing they’re over Turkey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck today guys. It's a tall order to make the show today but appreciate the effort. Adds a 'suspense' element. :) I've B141 and B121 fuelled and ready in the pilot siding ready to couple up to the rake of bubbles. 

hyper.gif

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

At the time of writing they’re over Turkey!

...This waiting i is worse than being with the missus in the labour ward....:rolleyes:

 

ccccccccc.jpg

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

At the time of writing they’re over Turkey!

This is getting more like Christmas Eve all the time...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now over the Irish Sea. The flight was late departing Dubai but the pilots appear to have kept the fires lit so the delay isn't too bad... almost as if they knew! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Now over the Irish Sea. The flight was late departing Dubai but the pilots appear to have kept the fires lit so the delay isn't too bad... almost as if they knew! :)

EK161..?

 

https://planefinder.net/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven;t ever experienced anything like this, flight radar, titanic effort to get the delivery to a show for it's release. It should have a movie made about it.

Rich,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heirflick said:

...This waiting i is worse than being with the missus in the labour ward....:rolleyes:

 

ccccccccc.jpg

Now that's what I really missed  the great gags.

Rich,

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedRich said:

Now that's what I really missed  the great gags.

Rich,

Stay tuned Rich - I'm just getting warmed up!!!:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RedRich said:

I haven;t ever experienced anything like this, flight radar, titanic effort to get the delivery to a show for it's release. It should have a movie made about it.

Rich,

'Mission Impossible 5 or 'A Few Good Men 2'?:mutley2:

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, heirflick said:

'Mission Impossible 5 or 'A Few Good Men 2'?:mutley2:

 

Air force pack one.

Rich,

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done team IRM.  Cement Bubble wagons arriving at SDMRC show in Blackrock College.

IMG_3374.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see they arrived lads. Applause for all concerned and involved today. I know you have a lot of busy days ahead so relax and have a few beers tonight. 

Rich,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of Use