Customs & VAT

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

14 minutes ago, spudfan said:

Mine arived today. Paid charge last Friday. Funnily enough I checked the tracking number this morning and this is what it said "

06 September 2024 15:04

Customs charges have been paid. Your item will be processed and delivered as soon as possible"

Still says that.

Thats all I got  when I  checked mine.  

1 minute ago, skinner75 said:

I ordered a wheelbarrow wheel from Amazon - from bony Scotland. First one got stopped by Customs & returned, due to no paperwork.

Offered a refund, or to try again, I said go again. Wheel has been sitting in Customs since 3rd Sept, and will most likely be returned again. 

I'll be asking for a refund this time!

On Amazon - they have a massive distribution centre built here, but no Irish site. If you order from .co.uk, you get hit with the fun above. They really need to get the .ie site up n running. 

For now, it'll be back to amazon.de for me!

Try  Screwfix.ie  for the  wheel.  Stuff comes  from  UK, via  DPD but  not  had any  customs  issues  with  items  I have  ordered

I now try Marks 1st , If they dont have it it get my last purchases from Modelbahn union and Modelbahn Shope Lippe. Great service,

Modelbahn union  even gives you an option to chose Free stuff and depending on you order amount the gifts get better!

modellbahnshop-lippe.com

Modellbahn Union - Ihr Modelleisenbahn Onlineshop

Kinda Done with the UK now. (Maybe order the EFE T3 though)

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1