SLNCR Railbus

Rate this topic

David Holman

Here are a few pics of my latest creation. Scratchbuilt in plastic & nickel silver, but very much based on the Alphagraphix card kit. Will add more details in my blog later this evening.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8766[/ATTACH]

out of the World

thanks

Walter

Many thanks for all the positive comments, they are much appreciated. I also think that sharing one's work, either at the local model club or on sites like this is sort of akin to proof reading. In my teaching days, the kids could always spot my mistakes, but never their own, so if there are areas you think could be improved [or indeed simply wrong], please let me know - I will not be offended. Indeed it is the only way to improve our modelling, especially when so many of our subjects are now lost in the mists of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any chance of my favourite railcar b

Have the drawings and a fair selection of pictures so Yes, will be having a go.

Railcars and indeed diesel locos are very complex things to model because of the many subtle curves and shapes. However, did a 7mm Wagon und Maschinbau railbus a couple of years ago, so am aware of the issues and the need for filler and abrasives!

Interiors a pain too and with big windows they need including. Am intending that the next item of motive power will be a second Small Tank, but all being well will start on B next year, so have already been thinking about how to best make the power unit. In 4mm scale a SPUD would be favourite but proper coupled drive unit is more practical in 7mm scale.

• 6 years later...