gm171 kk

Question

• Answers 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

You'll be happy to know that I've started in earnest on the patterns for the Ammonia Tankers, and a highly detailed version of the barrier wagon.

That's great news!

Any hints on price or release date?

Also are you still planning on doing a 42' Flat?

That's great news!

Any hints on price or release date?

Also are you still planning on doing a 42' Flat?

I'm looking at c.€45 per kit. The chassis will be a hollow folded brass construction to match the prototype, brass etched detailing (handrails, hooks, screwlink couplings etc.) and the main tanker itself will be a brass tube with resin endcaps. Decals will of course be included. The bogies will be folded brass with brass axle bearings and whitemetal detailing to ensure smooth, true running. The bachmann Y25s are just too narrow under the bogie to be really suitable (and very, very expensive).

If there is sufficient interest, I may do a rake of five at a discounted rate.

The 42' will be coming out at the same time as it shares a lot of features (bogies, buffers etc.), and of course I will need one for the barrier wagon.

Edited by Weshty

I'm looking at c.€45 per kit. The chassis will be a hollow folded brass construction to match the prototype, brass etched detailing (handrails, hooks, screwlink couplings etc.) and the main tanker itself will be a brass tube with resin endcaps. Decals will of course be included. The bogies will be folded brass with brass axle bearings and whitemetal detailing to ensure smooth, true running. The bachmann Y25s are just too narrow under the bogie to be really suitable (and very, very expensive).

The 42' will be coming out at the same time as it shares a lot of features (bogies, buffers etc.), and of course I will need one for the barrier wagon.

Sounds Great:-bd

Guest hidden-agenda

That sounds great Des as the MIR version was a great looking wagon but far too heavy. You have done your home work on this one.

Des,

I believe there is a keen interest in these wagons and of course any flats. Looking forward to a release date.

Thanks Kirley, I'll keep ye up to date with developments in terms of bogie and buffer design etc, as well as how I propose the chassis will go together.

I'm looking at c.€45 per kit.

The 42' will be coming out at the same time as

Fantastic news Weshty regarding the ammonia tanker/42' flat. Would you maybe consider doing a rake of 6 at the discounted rate as they always seemed to run regularly in rakes of 6. Or even a set of 6 tanks and 2 barrier wagons. Once again well done looking forward to this release :-bd

Dare I say that's a very very pretty wagon pristine! The lovely green underframe, pristine glowing white shell!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5145[/ATTACH]

© Copyright Albert Bridge and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

Oh that's just lovely...thanking you sir.

The buffer beams look tall in the pic compared to other pics and video,s and also the MIR model.Any body else notice this?

Very much already noted and will be included as part of the new model...along with the handwheels, side hooks, under hooks, vertical noticeboard for warning info etc.... ;-)

Though if ANYBODY had a decent non-grainy photo to indicate what the hell that central underframe cabinet looks like, it would be deeply appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5190[/ATTACH]

This is the only one I can find that highlights the detail. No closer though :(( Perhaps Paul Bartlett might have a high rez version?

I bought the digital version of the four off him (well they were only 50p each, and they're not too bad. Might chase him up for higher res, as there is no detail in the dark when you dicky around with the image....

Nice one - I hope you get to the end of the mystery. Sometimes inverting the image in photoshop provides a bit more detail.

weshty_Detail.jpg

From the drawings it's the housing for the intake & extract valves, which appears to be about 600mm deep, and looks like it has a locking handle to keep the door shut in case of leaks. The bottom spar just looks like the cradle for it.

:confused: