gm171 kk

Question

• Answers 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thanking you sir. It was a lot of pleasure and endlessly cycling though the available photos to try and glean as much detail as possible to add to them. Much thanks to Glenderg and Dave Bracken for feedback on these.

Will these be available to buy on a permanent basis?

I don't subscribe to the oul' "they're the last ones in the shop" approach. These are now fully available and will be for the foreseeable future.

Picture an industrial grade petrol filling station and you're there. The ammonia wagon central valve housing box cover was lowered and the ammonia feed hoses were were connected to the couplings inside the box.

I believe there's a picture of the unloading station in the book "From CIE to IR", I'll check when I get home.

Is it ok to reproduce photos from books on the forum?

I presume that it would be something similar to this - http://www.ocinitrogen.com/Media%20Library/Ammonia%20transport%20-%20Guidance%20for%20transporting%20ammonia%20by%20rail%20(2007)%20-%20Brochure.pdf - some potentially useful pictures in here.

Reading that is says it's a bad idea to use water for an ammonia leak unless there is a 100 fold amount of water in excess of ammonia to be washed away otherwise you are just spreading the problem. And there was Irish rail with a barrier wagon filled with water at each end of the train. It would do more harm than good in any sort of serious accident. Any minor leak of either liquid or gas will just evapourate away on it on and it's not really flamable at all

Folks,

Can I draw your attention to point 9 of the forum's rules and guidelines:

[9] Please respect the copyright of other members, photographers, publications, websites, etc. Use embed codes where available (e.g. Flickr images). Only post entire articles/chapters or upload images after permission has been granted by the copyright owner. If in doubt, play it safe and post a text link to the original file.

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/79-Website-Guidelines-Rules

Please bear this in mind before posting images from books, videos, etc.