gm171 kk

Question

• Answers 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

ammonia wagon were 51'9" long and were built in France and were on lease originally. there were two types of the tank wagon 32001 - 32020

and the later 32021 - 32023 and the odd one out 32014 differnt design.

Barrier wagons were 42'9" nunbered 30279 - 30284

There understandably is a quite high demand for these, also referenced by the Model Shop up in Belfast having to discontinue their made-to-order function.

They must be completely backed up with orders for them!

The reason there is a high demand for these is because, Firstly MIR ceased trading over a year ago now and Secondly MIR's last production run of the ammonia tankers was several years ago now so there are none to be had unless somebody stockpiled them

Plus trying to find a preformed tube of 35.4mm diameter to scratchbuild your own is impossible to find. You should have seen me rooting through her collection of bottles and sprays with a calliper to see if there was anything suitable. I had even contemplating secreting one about my person and nicking into Tesco to measure up. How sad. No joy as yet, and as for the rounded ends? I think Mr Bracken suggested chopping up broom handles....

R.

Plus trying to find a preformed tube of 35.4mm diameter to scratchbuild your own is impossible to find. You should have seen me rooting through her collection of bottles and sprays with a calliper to see if there was anything suitable. I had even contemplating secreting one about my person and nicking into Tesco to measure up. How sad. No joy as yet, and as for the rounded ends? I think Mr Bracken suggested chopping up broom handles....

R.

32mm waste pipes might not be far off on the o/d - it should be around 34.5mm, apparently - http://www.bes.co.uk/products/127.asp

Guest hidden-agenda

R.

Give Dave your waste paper he could make them out of paper mache and an added bonus its bound to be lighter than resin and would,nt need a primer before a coat of paint.=))

Edited by hidden-agenda

Guest hidden-agenda

Deodorant container tops (might need a coat of filler to build them up) the type on dove might do the ends and your waste pipe with a covering of plastic and blue peter will be ringing the next day.

Seriously though its amazing how you can start with some regular house hold bits and pieces and end up with a great idea.

Where can you get them?

Superficially they are similiar but the Ammonnia does not have that length long cowl on the barrel. The support collar also sits much higher and there is a flange that attaches the supportcollar to the barrel.

The support collar also does not taper at the headstock end.

Still....